• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Training Camp Thread

Phil

He?s going to end up the backup this season to end of year and probably next. Whether it?s georgiev or shesty who?s the starter is the big decision. I?m not expecting our goaltending to be one of the teams strengths but better now than 3 years from now when they?re supposed to be competing.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only had a chance to watch small pieces of the preseason games so far but I think Kravstov was dressed for two of them. Was he noticeable at all? In the pieces that I saw, he wasn't but it was a small sample.

It is a small sample Kev. It's all good man! It's just that they have so many guys to try out that the lines and roster pairings are a mess. I know these exhibition "games" are somewhat of a sample, but to me it's just so you can get a really pint size glimpse of the attributes of a young player.

I'm not even looking for the team to come out of the gate smoking. Could it happen? sure man, but I just want to see the young guys show progress this year. I know it's gonna happen and once they win a few games I'm probably going to be looking for them to make the playoffs, win the cup, plan a parade....you know the deal! LOL

I'm trying to remember back when the Islanders brought those "kids" along back in the late 70's. Bossy ('76), Trottier ('74), Gillies ('74), and so forth. It took them 6 years and an offsides Nystrom ('72)goal to start that dynasty. Yeah they won 4 in a row, but they started that 1980 "build" back in 1974 for the most part.

I just wanna see this team show me some promise, and I wanna see these players progress. I don't know what to expect from the new guys, but players like Chytil, Lias, the rest of the sophomores and a few other younger guys are front and center to learn and improve for me.

The New York Rangers announced today that the team has reduced its Training Camp roster by five players, as Connor Brickley, Sean Day, Tim Gettinger, Nick Jones, and Dawson Leedahl have all been assigned to Training Camp with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/rangers-reduce-training-camp-roster-by-five/c-309402990

Who's Left:

Forwards (20): Lias Andersson, Pavel Buchnevich, Filip Chytil, Phillip Di Giuseppe, Jesper Fast, Steven Fogarty, Micheal Haley, Brett Howden, Kaapo Kakko, Vitali Kravtsov, Chris Kreider, Brendan Lemieux, Vinni Lettieri, Greg McKegg, Vladislav Namestnikov, Boo Nieves, Danny O'Regan, Artemi Panarin, Ryan Strome, Mika Zibanejad

Some obvious cuts in here, some not-so-obvious cuts. Surprised Fogarty and Haley are still here; no pleasant surprises in my estimation.

Defensemen (12): Tony DeAngelo, Adam Fox, Libor Hajek, Ryan Lindgren, Joe Morrow, Tarmo Reunanen, Matthew Robertson, Yegor Rykov, Brady Skjei, Brendan Smith, Marc Staal, Jacob Trouba

Surprised Robertson is still here. It's pretty rare to see a mid-2nd rounder hang tough in camp. Gonna be a bloodbath for those last 2 spots on D.

Goaltenders (4): Alexandar Georgiev, Adam Huska, Henrik Lundqvist, Igor Shesterkin

Have I completely missed whatever Danny O'Regan has done to still be around?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Danny O'Regan and Greg McKegg are likely the first call ups when someone gets injured this season. They both have NHL experience. It makes sense to keep them around to see where they fit in. Same with Haley. I actually think he'd be a useful 4th liner and extra forward. Maybe get in about 30-40 games worth of action this season.

The younger guys will come up once they get their feet wet in the pro game -- assuming they perform well.

I could see Kravstov getting time in Hartford on the first line while someone like Haley, McKegg, or O'Reagan stay to be the extra forward.

EDIT: I left out DiGuiseppe as well. He's in this same category.

Jones had been good. Surprised that he got cut before some others.

Maybe he sucks at penalty killing?

but I agree, didnt expect him to make team but I had him above several forwards still there.

He's already played in 2 preseason games, and isnt making the team. So get the guys and Haley playing time.

Danny O'Regan and Greg McKegg are likely the first call ups when someone gets injured this season. They both have NHL experience. It makes sense to keep them around to see where they fit in. Same with Haley. I actually think he'd be a useful 4th liner and extra forward. Maybe get in about 30-40 games worth of action this season.

The younger guys will come up once they get their feet wet in the pro game -- assuming they perform well.

I could see Kravstov getting time in Hartford on the first line while someone like Haley, McKegg, or O'Reagan stay to be the extra forward.

EDIT: I left out DiGuiseppe as well. He's in this same category.

I hope not. in two games that he was in, I think he should definitely stick around. I didn't see anything to suggest he isn't ready. he made plays and was noticeable on the ice.

I hope not. in two games that he was in, I think he should definitely stick around. I didn't see anything to suggest he isn't ready. he made plays and was noticeable on the ice.

Agreed that he?s looked good but if he?s going to get limited time it might be better to send him to Hartford at least for a while to play big minutes.

I?m perfectly fine with keeping him on the roster though

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think he's been fine but I could see it being beneficial for him to get a little more time in Hartford. We'll see. I think tomorrow it'll be interesting to see how that 2nd line does.

3rd line LW is for him to lose, i think

He?s playing on the left again tomorrow, so we?ll see how he looks.

I?d rather see Kakkoatsie and Kravsies play their comfortable position, to start.

names and strome be moved around, accordingly (Quinn mentioned as well).

I think he's been fine but I could see it being beneficial for him to get a little more time in Hartford. We'll see. I think tomorrow it'll be interesting to see how that 2nd line does.

I think the cut-off for that is whether he makes the 3rd line or not. I'd much rather see him playing 20 minutes a night and pp1 in Hartford than chase shadows for 8 minutes a night on the 4th line with the Rangers.