• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Training Camp Thread

Phil

Let's be real though. There are no open roster spots for forwards unless your name is Kakko or Kravstov. There's one defensive position available. Maybe two.

Guys who stand no real chance don't need to be taking someone else's spot in the lineup during preseason.

Yeah. I mean

Panarin-Zib-Buch

Kreider-Chytil-Kakko

Names-Andersson-Kravtsov

Lemieux-Howden-Fast

Still leaves guys like Strome and Boo (or Andersson/Howden) without a spot on opening night. No real reason to keep guys who blatantly have no chance up with the big club. They might as well get a good camp and preseason with their actual team.

• Like 1

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of Lias and Kreider on same line... But... this is clearly a "show me what you've got" for Lias.

I agree. I also think it's a similar vibe for Kakko considering Quinn said one day ago that Buch would be starting there. "These are the best players on the team. What can you do?"

Quinn doesn't seem to think it's terrible but yeah, he hasn't been on the ice at all from what I can tell. Sprained ankle was the initial diagnosis.

Afaik he’s been skating the last couple of days, but have yet to participate in full team practice.

Should be back shortly.

The New York Rangers announced today that the team has reduced its Training Camp roster by four players, as Brandon Crawley, Jake Elmer, Vincent LoVerde, and Darren Raddysh have all been assigned to Training Camp with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/rangers-reduce-training-camp-roster-by-four/c-309334552

With today off, we might see some young guys cut, but could come after Tuesday’s game.

Don’t forget, they only play a few games within the first two weeks. I imagine they’ll use that to their advantage and take extended looks at a few guys.

As much as I appreciate all he did for the team, he must know his time is coming to an end.

The only problem is that we have two very young goaltenders. One with less than 50 games of NHL experience and one who just started playing on a smaller ice surface.

I can see Hank hanging them up and moving on to do other things in his life. I just dont see it until next year.

He can do whatever he wants, the team gave him that power.

NYCKrash