• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Training Camp Thread

Phil

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, it kinda sounds like shiny new toy syndrome.

I might agree with you if Kravtsov lit up camp and dominated, but he hasn't.

So again, no need to rush.

It’s not. And I’ve said quite a few times I don’t need to rush him, and I don’t really mind him spending some time in Hartford.

It’s simply my opinion that others should be sent there.

It’s not. And I’ve said quite a few times I don’t need to rush him, and I don’t really mind him spending some time in Hartford.

It’s simply my opinion that others should be sent there.

OK, but you previously said that they should be sent there to make room for Krav. That's an important detail.

I think we can agree that the team needs centers, and Howden is a center, so Howden should probably stay up. Chytil has had chances at center, it seems to not be working out.

This is all as of today. It could change tomorrow. That's what camp is for.

i'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I didn't realize it until today:

- Bobby Sanguinetti was traded in 2010 for 2 picks, one of whom we used to take Fast.

- the other pick was traded for Tim Erixon.

- Erixon was part of the trade for Nash.

- Nash was traded for Spooner (who was traded for Strome), Lindgren, and a pick that we used to move up and take K'Andre.

I'm simplifying things of course. But think about that...Sanguinetti (6 total points after the trade) has led us here.

OK, but you previously said that they should be sent there to make room for Krav. That's an important detail.

I think we can agree that the team needs centers, and Howden is a center, so Howden should probably stay up. Chytil has had chances at center, it seems to not be working out.

This is all as of today. It could change tomorrow. That's what camp is for.

No, I responded to your point that Howden and Kravtsov aren't vying for the same position by saying you don't have to send a winger down to play Kravtsov in his natural position.

The team needs centers, but it's certainly debatable whether they need Howden. In particular when they still have Strome, Chytil, Andersson and Namestnikov.

Howden has had far more chances at C than Chytil and has done nothing. In fact, he drowned. I'm not sure what he has done to be a lock on this team.

But like you say, this is camp and maybe they end up sending down both, neither or somebody we haven't even thought about.

No, I responded to your point that Howden and Kravtsov aren't vying for the same position by saying you don't have to send a winger down to play Kravtsov in his natural position.

The team needs centers, but it's certainly debatable whether they need Howden. In particular when they still have Strome, Chytil, Andersson and Namestnikov.

Howden has had far more chances at C than Chytil and has done nothing. In fact, he drowned. I'm not sure what he has done to be a lock on this team.

But like you say, this is camp and maybe they end up sending down both, neither or somebody we haven't even thought about.

Kravtsov hasn't done anything either lol.

His stats there weren't that great, just promising for an 18 year old. I don't see why you wouldn't give him a half season in Hartford for his introduction to North America.

I agree. Why are people trying to rush it? Let him work on his game and the weight room, same for Kakko and even Chytil. They are all still kids, it?s okay if they don?t make the team out of camp.

I agree. Why are people trying to rush it? Let him work on his game and the weight room, same for Kakko and even Chytil. They are all still kids, it’s okay if they don’t make the team out of camp.

Well, for what feels like the 100th time.

I don’t have a problem with him going to Hartford. I just think there are others who should go down before him.

To be honest I’m warming to the idea of Chytil-Howden-Kravtsov as the 1st line in Hartford to start the season.

I don’t have a problem with him going to Hartford. I just think there are others who should go down before him.

To be honest I’m warming to the idea of Chytil-Howden-Kravtsov as the 1st line in Hartford to start the season.

People are afraid to send the kids to Hartford because they think it's a dumpster fire. But if this is the 1st line and Rykov and Shesterkin are also down there, you're talking about an-almost-NHL-ready first unit.

The question the staff should be asking themselves is, are the Rangers going to lose games if they don't have those three in the lineup. Right now, I say the answer is no. They have a great top line. A good second line. And two hard-working lines of interchangeable parts. That's a drastic improvement over last years mess and you can bring up these kids mid season.

• Like 1

People are afraid to send the kids to Hartford because they think it's a dumpster fire. But if this is the 1st line and Rykov and Shesterkin are also down there, you're talking about an-almost-NHL-ready first unit.

The question the staff should be asking themselves is, are the Rangers going to lose games if they don't have those three in the lineup. Right now, I say the answer is no. They have a great top line. A good second line. And two hard-working lines of interchangeable parts. That's a drastic improvement over last years mess and you can bring up these kids mid season.

Hartford also isn’t the same system it used to be. It remains to be seen how the team will perform but management has poured resources in. Gone are the days of Gernander and McCambridge. Knoblauch knows how to work with offensively gifted players.

Me too. I think both Howden and Chytil could use a refresher on what it looks and feels like to be successful, even if just for a little while.

The importance of confidence can't be overstated.

I agree Three One.

Although I think Kravtsov helps the Rangers immediately. Would love to see him make the team and play on the 3rd line.

But it’s just a hunch and an opinion.

Could be that he settles in with defined line mates. Not saying it's impossible. But unlike Kakko, Kravstov on the 3rd line would mean that he's potentially working with other youngsters with a lot to prove. Andersson, for instance will likely struggle with consistency.