Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2019 Training Camp Thread

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    I still really wish we had given Bri Boyle a PTO and signed him as our 4th line center for 1m instead of bringing in a guy like Haley or Mckegg. Would have been a good fit and probably would have given us some return trade deadline if we really are out of it.
    I thought the same regarding Boyle over Haley. Was a 5'11", talentless Haley their only option? I liked McKegg in his ps games. I don't have a problem with his signing.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Would have taken Boyle back in a heart beat. Did he sign anywhere? Not sure if his cap hit would have been too high or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Would have taken Boyle back in a heart beat. Did he sign anywhere? Not sure if his cap hit would have been too high or not.

I just read that he's still unsigned with as many as 5 teams interested, including Rangers. Most are trying to make moves to clear cap space.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Everyone on the 2018 4th line, plus others, leapfrogged him on the depth chart.
    None of the roster decisions, this season or last season, were "by default".
    As shown, the team didnt improve (they did upgrade 2 of their players that left).

This is a red flag, for Chytil and how the Rangers are developing players.
    Quinn has made it clear that each kid is on a different track and that sending one or more down is dependent on the personal makeup of each one - not a straight 1-13 hierarchical depth chart. Last year at this time there were 3 available top 6 slots, maybe 4. This year there is 1 and it's with a higher degree of difficulty. They want him in a top 6 role, but it ain't happening yet.

They took a kid that was really good at Algebra and put him in advanced calculus, hoping that he'd pick it up on the fly. Now Chytil has to go to summer school to revisit the building blocks. No shame and he'll be better for it.

Kudos to the coaching staff for getting him what he needs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    People on Twitter saying Smith is on wing on the 4th line and on the PK in training the last days.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Larry tweeting no C this season

Staal, Kreider, Zibanejad, Fast wearing As
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415