• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Training Camp Thread

Phil

There are a lot of forwards seemingly leaving some without a spot. I do think though that if will be beneficial to give some nights off for these young guys. The two biggest jumps a player has to make is the speed and the grind of the schedule. Most of these kids have not played 82 games in a year. Having capable guys who can step in to give a night off to s teen will be helpful.

No doubt. Having extra bodies is a good thing but it seems like there will be some unhappy vets to start the season. Fast is on that list as well. Three players for 2 spots.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at chytil and howden. They both had their problems with the grind. They aren’t college kids. Most of these kids have some dips in their adjustment seasons. Having extra capable guys around to give a night off is a good thing and won’t or shouldn’t be a problem. If used properly it could be a great benefit to the team and the young players development.

Wasn’t trying to open up yet another argument. Just disagreeing with the thought of having too many guys for not enough spots. On this team with so many kids trying to adjust to the rigors of the nhl, having this problem is actually the opposite.

Yea but for some reason the college guys fizzle out in February.

Maybe it's something in the way the Finns and Swedes are conditioning but it's pretty noticeable that that NCAA guys hit a wall the Euros don't seem to.

I think it?s just because we had a ton of ncaa rookies for years.

Outside of franchise draft picks, most rookies hit a wall.

The different between NCAA and European leagues is only a few games.

And the biggest bonus of NCAA players is rather than traveling all the time, they are on the ice and in weight room all week.

I think it has more to do with the NHL is the NHL...and nothing else compares

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think it?s just because we had a ton of ncaa rookies for years.

Outside of franchise draft picks, most rookies hit a wall.

The different between NCAA and European leagues is only a few games.

And the biggest bonus of NCAA players is rather than traveling all the time, they are on the ice and in weight room all week.

I think it has more to do with the NHL is the NHL...and nothing else compares

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There are more men and less boys in the Euro leagues, as well.

I'm interested to see how Lias Andersson looks in the pre-season after JD commented on him. Can't really tell by the comment if it's his fitness, weight gain or loss, or if he maybe looks like he has a man body. ??
What did JD say about Andersson?
Srsly ... Please post the quote if you're going to comment on it!

He said something about how his body was transformed. I don't know the exact words. You can freely watch the video on YT , MSG network channel.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

One of the biggest benefits to this message board is that it's one stop shopping for all Rangers news. Inherently, humans are lazy and I would imagine this board is no different. Links make it easy for lazy people...like me! Thanks!

He said something about how his body was transformed. I don't know the exact words. You can freely watch the video on YT , MSG network channel.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Lol, well it was just an arbitrary comment made about Andersson with no context. I didn't have any idea what interview or clip you were referring to.

BTW, just taking a quick look at some recent pics of Andersson on his instagram, you can see a huge difference in his upper body from a year ago.

Now: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1l7dJ0i7aO/

vs.

Old: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ6h79pjuct/

Not that he wasn't in decent shape last year, but he certainly looks a lot more toned with good muscle growth in the arms and shoulders. Hope all the hard work pays off for him.

Apparently Trouba is playing nasty at camp. I like what I am hearing.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/jacob-trouba-rangers-1.36364637

GREENBURGH, N.Y. — On his first day of practice as a Ranger on Saturday, Jacob Trouba introduced himself to a couple of his new teammates on the ice. First, he said hello to Filip Chytil, by dropping him to the ice in a 3-on-3, cross-ice scrimmage. Later, in another drill, he greeted Kaapo Kakko, ushering him heavily into the side boards.

“I had a long summer and you just don’t do that kind of stuff over the summer,’’ Trouba said Sunday of his early physical play. “I don’t want to wait till the last week (of training camp) to try to find that part of my game. I want to do it now, and have it. Is that something I’m going to do every day, run around? No. I mean, it comes when it comes. But I kind of like to play hockey in, I guess, a hard fashion.’’