Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony DeAngelo's Holdout

Senior Member Junior Division
    I don't think anyone is saying he will contribute as much offensively as Avery

but in regards to ADA and Lemiux, I don't think we'd have enough room if they both signed their Qualifying offers anyway.

Not that I'm basing it off of much, but what I would think is happening, is that they have deals lined up for these guys, but since they need to be under the cap by the time camp starts, they are waiting until they can demote other players before actually inking the contract.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I love Lemieux. I also wouldn't care if he never played on the team again. He's a fourth liner who's fun to watch. He's not Sean Avery (the one who paced 60 points).

He also has no leverage and hasn't earned a thing. So it is what it is at this point. If he doesn't want to play here, he could probably double his kill count in the Danish D league. Those checks are thirsty.
    He put up decent stats his last 2 seasons in the OHL, going over a PPG in each. His last stint in the AHL saw .84 PPG, and he's at .25 PPG in the NHL with 72 games experience for the recently turned 23 year old.
    He can obviously play in the NHL, and has potential to be more than a 4th line plug... but if he holds on, he's not helping that outlook.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    He put up decent stats his last 2 seasons in the OHL, going over a PPG in each. His last stint in the AHL saw .84 PPG, and he's at .25 PPG in the NHL with 72 games experience for the recently turned 23 year old.
    He can obviously play in the NHL, and has potential to be more than a 4th line plug... but if he holds on, he's not helping that outlook.
    I hope he does become more. But he was gassed playing 11 mins a night... sign the QO, kid.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Perspective is of course they are not as missed as laine and such. They are hurting themselves the most. There isn’t money to sign them for more than the qo. The rangers did fuck io their cap assuming other players had trade value. As it stands they are replaceable. The point in having all these young kids is to find the players who aren’t easily replaceable and build. While all these things are true imo, them holding out hurts this organization. These are kids still trying to find their way in the league, they need camp and the process. The rangers need to see them play with no excuses to determine where they fit long term. Hard to believe the N.Y. rangers have players holding out over peanuts. This is the hard cap at its core. Ny fans get raped with ticket prices and the team can’t afford to pay modest raises to prospects.

Banned Junior Division
    what if ADA wants out of NYR because he sees no future here, hence not signing a contract? We probably would've heard something if that was true

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    what if ADA wants out of NYR because he sees no future here, hence not signing a contract? We probably would've heard something if that was true
    I doubt it. I dont think he view himself is such a way,

Also, on twitter, he's liking tweets about him not settling, signing the QO, or people saying he deserves to get paid.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    He does deserve to get paid... About 1.3 million.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I don't see why they can't offer each of these guys about $1.2 million. That would only represent a total of less than 500K more than qualifying offers in terms of the cap. This is a good test for collusion on offer sheets. Why wouldn't another team sign one or both of these guys at $1.3 when no compensation would be owed. It would be malpractice not to!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    I don't see why they can't offer each of these guys about $1.2 million. That would only represent a total of less than 500K more than qualifying offers in terms of the cap. This is a good test for collusion on offer sheets. Why wouldn't another team sign one or both of these guys at $1.3 when no compensation would be owed. It would be malpractice not to!
    Lemiuex hasn't played 80 games so he's not eligible.

ADA is on his 3rd team and can't stay out of the coach's dog house.

Who would take a chance on pissing some GMs off, not to mention exposing your own players in similar positions, for a defenseman who can't defend?

He's worth more to us than many other teams, and we're the only shot he's got to play in the NHL, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Lemiuex hasn't played 80 games so he's not eligible.

ADA is on his 3rd team and can't stay out of the coach's dog house.

Who would take a chance on pissing some GMs off, not to mention exposing your own players in similar positions, for a defenseman who can't defend?

He's worth more to us than many other teams, and we're the only shot he's got to play in the NHL, IMO.
    Neither has any real leverage, unless they want to go to Europe. And that's doubtful. Speculation, but ADA is red state American, and Lemiuex is son of a former player who is his agent. Going to a Euro league would be a career setback. The Belesky demotion means there's more money to pay them. Not as much as they'd like, but more. It's going to get worked out.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    The standoff between the Rangers and restricted free agents Tony DeAngelo and Brendan Lemieux continues as the club prepares to report Thursday for training camp, The Post has learned.

President John Davidson thus is faced with the prospect of opening his first camp at the Blueshirts’ helm without two of his projected young, important roster pieces in attendance.

The Rangers, we’re told, are standing on their respective one-year qualifying offer of $874,125 to each player. Neither 23-year-old has indicated the slightest interest in signing for that number, which, by the way, represents less than the entry-level cap of $925,000 at which the team signed neophytes Kaapo Kakko, Vitali Kravtsov, Adam Fox, Igor Shesterkin and Yegor Rykov this summer.

According to calculations provided by Capfriendly.com, only one player with as many games experience as Lemieux (72 games), much less DeAngelo (132), has signed a QO coming off entry level this summer. That was the Blackhawks’ Brendan Perlini, in for $874,125 with 199 NHL games on his résumé. The Blue Jackets’ Sonny Milano signed his qualifier with an NHL career total of 70 games. A total of 13 players coming off entry level signed QO’s this summer, per Capfriendly.com.
    Lemieux and DeAngelo are both taking part in the informal skates at the Blueshirts’ practice rink.
    https://nypost.com/2019/09/10/ranger...site%20buttons
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Milano, a 1st rounder who has spent what little time he had with the CBJ in Tortarella's doghouse(a lot like ADA) had considered going to Europe, but same thing; it's not the same. It's not the NHL. People will forget you. Scouts might know if you played great in Zurich, but there's ego involved here. Better to sign up and hope you play well and get a better shot, or some other club takes a chance and trades for you.

Senior Member Midget Division
    What gets this done? $950k each?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    "Gentlemen, if Kevin LeBanc signed THAT deal, you should sign yours."

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    According to calculations provided by Capfriendly.com, only one player with as many games experience as Lemieux (72 games), much less DeAngelo (132), has signed a QO coming off entry level this summer. That was the Blackhawks’ Brendan Perlini, in for $874,125 with 199 NHL games on his résumé. The Blue Jackets’ Sonny Milano signed his qualifier with an NHL career total of 70 games. A total of 13 players coming off entry level signed QO’s this summer, per Capfriendly.com.
    This part confuses me. He says one player signed their QO at the beginning of the paragraph, but at the end he says the number is 13.

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    Carpiniello tends to telegraph when he has usable intelligence. I also think he goes back a long way with JD, so he may have more of it than he has in the past. So FWIW, in the comments below his Quinn interview this morning, someone said "hope TD and Lemieux show up to camp." Carp simply said, "... they will." So mgt may have it figured out, perhaps the aforementioned getting Smith and Belesky to Hartford. That would also explain why there has been no negotiating through the media.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    This part confuses me. He says one player signed their QO at the beginning of the paragraph, but at the end he says the number is 13.
    only one player with as many games experience the other 12 haven't played as many games.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I really dislike the attitude that I've seen that basically says 'Shut up and sign the deal" from some fans

I know Pete used the LeBanc situation in jest. but for an example like that, LeBanc is making the ultimate bet on himself to ensure he can sign the deal he really wants when the Sharks have tons of cap room next summer

ADA and Lemiux are not going to ever sign monster contracts anywhere. They have every right to wait and sign the deal that's best for them, for their careers and their financial security long term

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    I really dislike the attitude that I've seen that basically says 'Shut up and sign the deal" from some fans

I know Pete used the LeBanc situation in jest. but for an example like that, LeBanc is making the ultimate bet on himself to ensure he can sign the deal he really wants when the Sharks have tons of cap room next summer

ADA and Lemiux are not going to ever sign monster contracts anywhere. They have every right to wait and sign the deal that's best for them, for their careers and their financial security long term
    That's the point... This IS the deal that's best for their careers.

If you're either of them, especially Lemiuex, why would you think the Rangers owe them more?

This isn't shut up and sign the deal because of any other reason than they haven't truly done anything to warrant raises.

I'm always of the mind that it doesn't hurt to ask for the moon as the worst case scenario is they say no.. That being said, neither guy (Lemiuex more so than ADA) has earned much more than the qualifying figure. They haven't shown enough to reward them based on potential

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast