• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is Mika Zibanejad the Team's Next Captain?

Phil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure they go with all 'A's again. It's been 18 months since they've had a captain. I bet they name one and Mika seems the likeliest choice at the moment. Plus with such a young locker room expected this year, I bet Quinn would welcome having one guy who's bought into his system representing him among the other players.

Wonder if Panarin and Trouba are in consideration considering their terms are the longest and Panarin in particular has an opportunity to play a big role in helping the Russian invasion.
I wondered the same thing about Panarin. But he's going into his fifth season and still needed an interpetor. Trouba would be a great choice after a couple of years maybe but there are younger Cs out there. Excited to find out.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Wonder if Panarin and Trouba are in consideration considering their terms are the longest and Panarin in particular has an opportunity to play a big role in helping the Russian invasion.

It would be INCREDIBLY presumptuous to just slap the C on either of them. It's a rare thing to see a guy just come in and take the C anywhere. Off the top of my head, the only example I think I know of is Messier to NYR. Maybe Gretzky to LA?

It would be INCREDIBLY presumptuous to just slap the C on either of them. It's a rare thing to see a guy just come in and take the C anywhere. Off the top of my head, the only example I think I know of is Messier to NYR. Maybe Gretzky to LA?

Ah, should have specified. I'm talking about either one getting an "A."

An extremely useful - some might even say critical - language to master when trying to lead an NHL locker room imho ;)

Not a lot of people know this, but it was Messier?s masterful knowledge of Tolkien Elvish, which led to the Cup in 94.

Fun fact though: Jari Kurri learned English in part due to watching Happy Days.

El capitan? If the Rangers determine that Mika Zibanejad, blossoming into the player GM Jeff Gorton foresaw when acquiring him from Ottawa in exchange for Derick Brassard in July of 2016, can handle the added responsibility, the “C” will go to No. 93. If management believes it might become a burden, the Blueshirts will again go with multiple alternates.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/11/the-biggest-rangers-questions-with-training-camp-beginning/

Here's a question though. Were Kreider already signed for the next 6 seasons. Would he be getting the "C"? Or would it still be Mika's to lose?

Good question! I dunno what it is about Kreider, but I just don't feel a lot of leadership from him. Then again I'm not in the locker room....but I don't see much from him on the bench. Not to mention I feel like he takes a lot of games at 1/2 speed. But that's just my observation.

• 2 weeks later...