Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Mika Zibanejad the Team's Next Captain?

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

Is Mika Zibanejad the Team's Next Captain?

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Nah. He's simply the best player. That's what PR does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post

Moderator Junior Division
    Would make sense, but I think a lot of the Marketing stuff is just that...he's their best player not named Artemi. What's more telling about him as a captain was when he yelled at Chytil.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Would make sense, but I think a lot of the Marketing stuff is just that...he's their best player not named Artemi. What's more telling about him as a captain was when he yelled at Chytil.
    I'd also just argue that he's quite marketable. He's generally affable, he's kind of eclectic (DJ Mika), media seems to seek him out, he's actually good at that hockey thing, etc.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Weird time to be marketing Zibanejad...

I'd classify this as... the offseason is almost over and the boys are back in town (i think theyve even used that a few times)
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    I'd also just argue that he's quite marketable. He's generally affable, he's kind of eclectic (DJ Mika), media seems to seek him out, he's actually good at that hockey thing, etc.
    Yea, he's sexy

Banned Junior Division
    come to think about this, no one really stands out to be captain material yet. Staal seems quiet, to himself type of guy. Kreider may not be around too long. Its either Mikka or bunch of A's again. I personally would prefer A's this season and see who really stands out as a leader. No rush.

Senior Member Midget Division
    I'm down with Mika taking the reins. He is accountable to his own play always and expects everyone to pull their weight. Zib has a good way with the media too. He doesn't hide disappointment nor does he get too high from wins. Level, communicative and not a prima donna. The "A" contingent are like sails on a boat to me. They capture energy and push to group forward. Every ship needs a rudder.

He's fluent in four languages, too (English, Persian, Finnish and Swedish). Major plus for a culturally diverse room growing in representation.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    He's fluent in four languages, too (English, Persian, Finnish and Swedish). Major plus for a culturally diverse room growing in representation.
    If he's not captain, he's certainly one of the most important pieces of the team with all these young guys coming in this season.
    GORTON 2020

Banned Junior Division
    naah….too good looking. like me

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    naah….too good looking. like me
    same, the discrimination is often overlooked.

Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar
    I think they should go back to having a bunch of 'A's like they did for a bit there, and see what happens. I still think naming McDonagh captain was a mistake at the time. So, let things play out this season, and go from there on making a decision. I could still see MZ get the captaincy officially anyway. He's basically a pseudo captain as it stands.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    An extremely useful - some might even say critical - language to master when trying to lead an NHL locker room imho

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Eventually I'd think Kakko is going to be the man here. I have no problems with Z man being the Captain now because he does exhibit that type of leadership described above, but I would think that when Kakko comes of age, he should take the torch and run with it.....for a LONG time.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I think they should just go with the A's in the room. You have a couple of guys who could wear it, but Id rather see a definitive captain for the team, one that stands out more than anyone, I just don't see it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    An extremely useful - some might even say critical - language to master when trying to lead an NHL locker room imho
    This is... Sparta?
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    He's a bit of a Farsi-er. Knows the future
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

day-to-day Midget Division
    I'm OK with a bunch of As this year and let things play out... but Zibanejad is one of the best options on the roster if you want to declare a captain in the next month or so.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Zib needs to stop the soft spoken bit and project a little. He could be a great Captain if he could speak with a little more authority. Maybe alot more.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast