• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

BSBH Fantasy Hockey 2019-20

Phil

Once you've accepted your renewal or invite and paid your dues, UPDATE THIS THREAD or PM ME with your team name so I can add it to the official list in the OP. This will help us keep track of who's who throughout the season. Especially if you change team names at any point during the year (notify me then, too).

--

Welcome to the 2019-20 BlueshirtsBrotherhood Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey league/season!

The following is all the important information you'll need if you are participating in this years' league:

League URL:

When is the draft?

The Draft date is set for Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 8:30pm EST

Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since the draft will start promptly at the assigned time.

League Type/Settings:

Type: Head-to-head, daily

Skater Scoring: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG)

Goalie Scoring: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

Max acquisitions per week: 2

• No max acquisitions, no max trades on the season

• Trade deadline is February 19, 2020

• Trades are reviewed by league and can be vetoed by majority vote.

Dues and Prizes:

Dues (buy in) for the season is $20. All dues must be paid by September 30, 2019, but please pay as soon as possible so I'm not chasing anyone too close to draft day.

--

Grand Prize Payouts:

First Place: $180 (75.00%)

Second Place: $40 (16.67%)

Third Place: $20 (8.33%)

Everyone else:

UnfinishedIdenticalGypsymoth-small.gif

--

PLEASE NOTE: Residents of Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, Nevada and Washington are restricted by law from depositing money to play in paid contests. Canada, apparently, is also restricted. If you reside in one of these states, you cannot participate in this league.

Team List:

1 / Grimson Reapers — Phil in Absentia

2 / Advanced Stastny — Morphinity

3 / Lozo's Sighs — High and Wide

4 / Nylander's Neighbor — Scotty Gomez

5 / Puck Bunnies — fletch

6 / skaters and haters — phillyb™

7 / The Replacements — Lt. Dan

8 / Kill 'em With Kravtsov — Long live the King

9 / Russian Meddling — josh

10 / Puck daddy — lefty9

11 / Bro's Before Hossa — Puck Head

12 / Bunch of Jerks — CardiacCanes06

= Paid dues

Past winners:

2018-19: Puck Bunnies — fletch

2017-18: pws85nyr — Token Englishman

2016-17: CreaseCrusader91 — Cincinnati Harambes

2015-16: Morphinity — Advanced Stastny

2014-15: Morphinity — Advanced Stastny

2013-14: Better Call Staal

2012-13: Chizz — Swallow My Chizz

2011-12: Pete — EveryDayI'mByfuglien

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Name = Bunch of Jerks

I didn’t see a pay option within the league using the Yahoo Fantasy App.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

>> BooThisMan.gif

These Ahos Ain't Loyal was so good.

Lemme see what's going on with the dues this morning.

It's odd — we're a cash league. I can see (and edit) our dues, but there's no option that I can find to actually pay yet. I wonder if they don't allow for payment yet? Might need to message Yahoo.

Update: It's apparently too early to pay. I'll notify everyone when the payment system opens.

• 3 weeks later...

So apparently Cash contests will be available this season but with no guarantee for the start of the season. This directly from Yahoo:

"Cash contests for Fantasy Hockey will be available this season. Our team is currently working to have this feature back and available as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience."

There's no alternative that runs through the site either.

The only alternative I can think of would be have all of you send your dues to me via Venmo and I'll simply send the award amounts to the winners at the end of the season. Would anyone object to that as a fallback?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I've done some research, and it looks like you need the Venmo app in order to send money.

'Pay and Charge functionality is available in the Venmo app.

We’re starting to discontinue the ability to pay and charge someone on Venmo.com. If you want to use these features, get the Venmo app from the App Store or Google Play.'

'In the app, there is an icon in the upper right hand corner of the home screen with a square and a pencil. You can add as many friends as you’d like to pay or charge, the amount, and a note.'

So Phil, I'd be happy to pay using PayPal or yahoo fantasy hockey page, but I don't have a smart phone to use the Venmo app.