• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nick Kypreos Joins Wave of Talent Leaving Sportsnet

Phil

Link:

--

Sportsnet is really gutting their on-air talent. Doug MacLean, Colby Armstrong, John Shannon, and Kypreos are all reportedly leaving/won't return. I guess HC12 is just going to be David Amber/Jeff Marek + a constant rotation of far less entertaining voices like Brian Burke and whatever ex-players they pick up for the year. Carlo Coliacovo, apparently, will play a bigger role this year?

I would imagine they regret the NHL deal they signed every single day.

Also interesting about Rogers is that they own a baseball team/baseball media property that is going to post a 60 million dollar payroll in one of theargest markets in North America.

They're slashing everywhere.

Go get him Slats

Need new blood in MSG crew

When I saw the title I thought NBC might pick him up but reading this comment gets me excited. Rangers are turning a new leaf. So too should the broadcast.

Hell, if MSG wanted to try something new they could scoop up a number of these guys and have a show that revolves around more than just the Rangers.

Sounds from the tweet like he's retiring...

In my experience, people tend to use "retiring" in their messages when they are retiring.

Reading too much into it, he starts with "Sportsnet and I have decided to part ways". That is the only time he mentioned SN, and doesnt do much to "thank them", either.

Go get him Slats

Need new blood in MSG crew

I'd love it if they brought him in. I think he'd appeal to most of the viewing audience, too, despite the inevitable Twitter backlash when he champions the odd fight, rips the team for soft play, and/or dismisses an analytics argument.

I'd love it if they brought him in. I think he'd appeal to most of the viewing audience, too, despite the inevitable Twitter backlash when he champions the odd fight, rips the team for soft play, and/or dismisses an analytics argument.

MSG crew can not be too critical of the team. Kyp seems to me likes to critique

in my experience, when somebody says they're thankful to have 21 years of a post playing career and are looking forward to the next projects in the next phase of their life... It means they're retiring.

In my experience, people tend to use "retiring" in their messages when they are retiring.

Reading too much into it, he starts with "Sportsnet and I have decided to part ways". That is the only time he mentioned SN, and doesnt do much to "thank them", either.