• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Traverse City Tournament: Roster + Live Discussions

Phil

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His third period was better. His first two were rough. Having Zerter-Gossage on his opposite wing wasn?t great. Once the shuffled in the third he seemed better. I?d like to see Newell on his line again.
Did Elmer play? I wanted to see Newell and Elmer even more than some other bigger names.

Did Elmer play? I wanted to see Newell and Elmer even more than some other bigger names.

Elmer was on the second line with Jones and Dmowski. He had a couple of good moments holding the puck in the offensive zone but was otherwise quiet. Same with Newell who showed off some good speed and was one of the better players maintaining possession. I wonder what kind of role he'll end up with in Hartford because he seems like he's got some talent and smarts.

He looks more like Ponikarovsky than Kuznetsov

Not at all.

Watch him away from the puck, offensively and defensively. I love that he gets open to shoot, always supporting, and gets creative with his movement. Forcing him to be north-south player will be horrendous for his development

Not at all.

Watch him away from the puck, offensively and defensively. I love that he gets open to shoot, always supporting, and gets creative with his movement. Forcing him to be north-south player will be horrendous for his development

Well, I didn't get to watch as much as I wanted to last night since the baby was distracting me and the 'cast wasn't great (Netting, unfamiliarity with numbers and no PxP makes it hard to see who's who), so I hope you're right.

I just wonder who you play him with, it might make a lot of sense (if you're moving Kreider and Names) to end up with:

Panarin Zib Kakko

Krav Chytil Buch

Lemiuex Howden Strome

Andersson Boo Fast

I can tell you right now, Kravstov is going to piss off the fans that judge "effort" and "hustle" from their living room because Krav is a very smooth skater and often times it looks like he's not busting his ass. He takes indirect routes to the puck and he backs away from traffic to find space rather than get in the middle of it. He's also turned the puck over trying to be creative rather than just chipping it in -- I can foresee some complaints coming already -- but the guy has a boatload of skill. It'll be interesting to see him in camp with more skilled players around him.

I can tell you right now, Kravstov is going to piss off the fans that judge "effort" and "hustle" from their living room because Krav is a very smooth skater and often times it looks like he's not busting his ass. He takes indirect routes to the puck and he backs away from traffic to find space rather than get in the middle of it. He's also turned the puck over trying to be creative rather than just chipping it in -- I can foresee some complaints coming already -- but the guy has a boatload of skill. It'll be interesting to see him in camp with more skilled players around him.

Haven’t seen enough of him but if true it will the coach he pisses off.

So he?s basically Kovalev

Ah, Zherdev... lest we forget

Luckily Kravtsov is way more likable and probably also coachable. I do think people are placing somewhat unreasonable expectations on the kid though... in all likelihood he probably isn't cracking 40 points this season.

When asked what his first impression of the team was, Trouba said, "Young."

I think we have to remember that. They could have 4 players 20 or younger to start the season. Expectations should be tempered I think.