• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Traverse City Tournament: Roster + Live Discussions

Phil

When asked what his first impression of the team was, Trouba said, "Young."

I think we have to remember that. They could have 4 players 20 or younger to start the season. Expectations should be tempered I think.

Very fair on that

But you never know. There’s so many young players in the league now and so many of them establish themselves as stars early on. Wouldn’t shock me if 1 or 2 of the young guys did that.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When asked what his first impression of the team was, Trouba said, "Young."

I think we have to remember that. They could have 4 players 20 or younger to start the season. Expectations should be tempered I think.

Very fair on that

But you never know. There’s so many young players in the league now and so many of them establish themselves as stars early on. Wouldn’t shock me if 1 or 2 of the young guys did that.

With our projected lineup as follows:

Panarin-Zib-Buch

Kreider-Chytil-Kakko

Andersson-Howden-Kravtsov

Lemieux-Strome-Fast

Sjkei-Trouba

Staal-Fox

Hajek-DeAngelo

Hank

Georgiev

We would have 10 players with fewer than 100 games NHL experience (Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Lemieux, Fox, Hajek, DeAngelo, Georgiev, Kakko, Kravtsov), of whom three have 0 games of American Pro Hockey experience. +1 to both of those numbers if Shesterkin makes it.

Potential and talent are both very much there, but this one's gotta percolate a bit.

Rykov hurt?

He went down last game, but I didnt see/hear anything after that

Seems it considering he's not dressed. I hope it's not serious because I actually really liked his game for the short time we got a chance to see it. I also love his turtle neck and I think that needs to happen this year.