Thread: WaPo: Stocks Losses Deepen as a Key Recession Warning Surfaces

day-to-day Midget Division

WaPo: Stocks Losses Deepen as a Key Recession Warning Surfaces

'Stocks losses deepen as a key recession warning surfaces' August 14, 2019
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ning-surfaces/

"Recession signals intensified Wednesday in the United States and in some of the world’s leading economies, as the damage from acrimonious trade wars is becoming increasingly apparent on multiple continents...."

"Two of the world’s largest economies, Germany and the United Kingdom, appear to be contracting even as the latter forges ahead with plans to leave the European Union. Growth also has slowed in China, which is in a bitter trade feud with the United States. Meanwhile, Argentina’s stock market fell nearly 50 percent ..."

"Whether the events presage an economic calamity or just an alarming spasm are unclear. But unlike during the Great Recession, global leaders are not working in unison to confront mounting problems and arrest the slowdown. Instead, they are increasingly at one another’s throats..."

"But with so many losing confidence in the near-term prospects of the economy and rushing to buy longer-term bonds, the U.S. government now is paying more to attract buyers to its 2-year bond than its 10-year note. This phenomenon, which suggests investor faith in the economy is faltering, has preceded every recession in the past 50 years."
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Just do your job and keep consuming, consuming, consuming.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    'Stocks losses deepen as a key recession warning surfaces' August 14, 2019
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ning-surfaces/

"Recession signals intensified Wednesday in the United States and in some of the world’s leading economies, as the damage from acrimonious trade wars is becoming increasingly apparent on multiple continents...."

"Two of the world’s largest economies, Germany and the United Kingdom, appear to be contracting even as the latter forges ahead with plans to leave the European Union. Growth also has slowed in China, which is in a bitter trade feud with the United States. Meanwhile, Argentina’s stock market fell nearly 50 percent ..."

"Whether the events presage an economic calamity or just an alarming spasm are unclear. But unlike during the Great Recession, global leaders are not working in unison to confront mounting problems and arrest the slowdown. Instead, they are increasingly at one another’s throats..."

"But with so many losing confidence in the near-term prospects of the economy and rushing to buy longer-term bonds, the U.S. government now is paying more to attract buyers to its 2-year bond than its 10-year note. This phenomenon, which suggests investor faith in the economy is faltering, has preceded every recession in the past 50 years."
    Clearly due to Trump's lack of diplomacy and inflammatory behavior, i.e. trade war.

I can see how America just keeps winning. Higher taxes, market crashes, tarriffs, recession threat.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Clearly due to Trump's lack of diplomacy and inflammatory behavior, i.e. trade war.

I can see how America just keeps winning. Higher taxes, market crashes, tarriffs, recession threat.
    Just rip the Baby Boomers from power. Their greed is killing us all.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Just rip the Baby Boomers from power. Their greed is killing us all.
    David Koch passed away either though he was pre-baby boomer. That should help.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    I was just going to make a Boomer comment.

Boomer Dad is picking us up in Boomer RV this morning to go Boomer camping. His dual indexed pensions leave said Boomer oblivious to all of this and when I talk about I get told not to talk about politics. LOL.

It's the fuckin Boomers, man.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    For the first time in my life I have a little cash to invest. I don't know much about the stock market but I've been doing some homework. I'm wondering now if I should hold off.
    GORTON 2020

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    For the first time in my life I have a little cash to invest. I don't know much about the stock market but I've been doing some homework. I'm wondering now if I should hold off.
    well, if you are "playing, now is a great time to buy. But you may have to jump out, quickly.

If you are looking for long-term investments, its not a bad time to buy, but with the trade wars, you never know.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

well, if you are "playing", now is a great time to buy. But you may have to jump out, quickly.

If you are looking for long-term investments, its not a bad time to buy, but with the trade wars, you never know.

well, if you are "playing", now is a great time to buy. But you may have to jump out, quickly.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post

All strategically posted 2 minutes apart.