• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Limited Options for Tony DeAngelo, Brendan Lemieux in Rangers Contract Standoffs

Phil

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Per Capfriendly...teams have a 7.5% performance bonus cushion they can go up past the upper limit of the cap. So 6.11 million in performance bonus cushion above the cap this year.

Eligible performance bonuses on the Rangers:

Kakko: 2.65M

Chytil: 350K

Andersson: 850K

Fox: 850K

Georgiev: 132.5K

Kravtsov: 850K

Shesterkin: 2.85M

Total Eligible: 8.53M

The total isn't happening. I don't see more than 6.11 million in performance bonuses being hit here.

As it stands today. Shattenkirk buyout next year +$4.6M. Girardi buyout, Namestnikov, Strome, Fast, Beleskey -$13.35M. Looks like they come out of it with $8.75M to play with.

8.75 - 5(carryover bonus) and you have 4m to sign 3 players. (Or, 6m to sign 5 players, including Lemieux and Deangelo)

Around $7.5m, max. I’d anticipate anywhere from 3-5, realistically.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers/performance-bonus

(This has Kravtsov in AHL)

For some reason, I keep getting different bonus info. I have 2 pages loaded, same url, different bonus amounts. Need to account for 3-5, regardless

Are you saying that even if the Rangers stay within the performance bonus cushion, it will still get rolled over to next year's cap?

Well, Europe it is then.

Probably ADA last stop.

Apparently guys with potential and role players are incredibly easy and cheap to replace.

Doubling down on my “Staal drops the gloves” ballsy prediction.

Apparently guys with potential and role players are incredibly easy and cheap to replace.

Doubling down on my ?Staal drops the gloves? ballsy prediction.

I mean Fox and ADA are essentially the same player. So he's been replaced.

Lemiuex doesn't need to be replaced, but there's Lias.

Adam Erne just got over 1M. I'd be offersheeting Deangelo if I were a GM, that'd be a no brainer if there was any breathing room, anywhere. Guess that shows how little leverage they have.

If it comes to them playing in Europe, that hurts this club.

They're useful hockey players that, if left unsigned or discarded, means we'll likely replace them with less useful hockey players.

Really, they're both extremely entertaining, and I want to be entertained.

They were last year but they're both lightweights. The perceived physicality is like mosquitos to most teams.

They're useful hockey players that, if left unsigned or discarded, means we'll likely replace them with less useful hockey players.

Really, they're both extremely entertaining, and I want to be entertained.

I agree in terms of ADA. He's a good player, and imo much better than he tends to get credit for on this board.

I also agree Lemieux is a fun player, but in reality he can be replaced by Greg McKegg with little consequence.

I'm just not worried about these two because I think both will sorted out. Either they'll dump camp and sign both, or they'll play for their QO's.

AdA would be monumentally stupid to sign an offer sheet in the max 2.1 bracket. If he puts up a similar season to last he'll get paid significantly more next season, either by the Rangers or someone else.

Both are playing for their NHL futures and in Lemieux case he is likely to land a role on this team that is probably a bit above his station. This is a critical show me year for both of them.

As for holdouts, I'm really not sure what that is meant to achieve. If they're not paid it's because there is no money to pay them with. Sitting out isn't going to change that. Both are unlikely to make more than their QO's in Europe. I just don't see it.

I'm not talking about that, though I'd probably disagree. Other teams hate both of these guys, and that can be helpful.

I'm talking pure entertainment. They're both really good at that. There's enough WASPy McSquareJaw types in this league, I like my teams with at least one overly cocky Mediterranean and one braindead Frenchman. I don't just want to win, I want people to hate us.

If they could move him for pennies, I would be fine with that. They don't need him, he hasn't really done anything while he was here. I don't think he is a part of the future of this team, his play hasn't indicated it either.

I don't think he's a major piece. I could take him or leave him. I'm intrigued to see what he does on a better more skilled roster. I think Gorton is banking on a return to form, of how he produced when paired with elite talent in Tampa. Maybe sticking him with Panarin wakes him up and boosts his trade value... His value is so low, I think they want to build it up to a point where maybe they don't have to eat salary, or they actually get worth out of him. It's all contingent on him producing.

They have potential game breaking players to pair him with in Panarin and possibly Kakko.

With that 2nd line center spot up for grabs, maybe Namestnikov can take it for now?

Well... I guess I gave Dubinsky shit for holding out, so these boys dont have much time to sign.

They also don't have any ground to stand on. Rangers aren't going to offer more than their qualifying offer. Tony D's future isn't that bright in NYC anyway, as there are about 2-3 dmen waiting to take his spot including Miller and Lundkvist. So, if I were him I'd sign and prove myself rather than put a bad taste in their mouths.