• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Seattle in 21'-22'- Expansion Draft

jsm7302

I wouldn't protect Hank. His contract/Salary would protect him by itself. And if by some chance they picked him, he wouldn't have much left in the tank.

Don’t have to. He won’t be under contract.

It will be some depth forward like a Fast or Namestnikov. Rangers have a lot of guys that will be exempt.

I think Fox and Hayek will be eligible, as they will have two years under NHL contracts by then. This draft will be more painful for NYR than the last one, particularly on defense.

Any of Fox, Kakko, and Kravtsov won't be eligible.

Andersson, Chytil, Hajek, Howden, and Lemieux will be.

Eligibility is based on having accrued more than two professional seasons. Fox, Kakko, and Kravtsov will have only just completed two. In Hajek and also Lindgren's case, playing time in Hartford is counted as a professional season so they'll both have completed three years.

It will be some depth forward like a Fast or Namestnikov. Rangers have a lot of guys that will be exempt.

I'm actually curious how this will end up working. Because you need to expose 1 goalie that's under contract right? So say Sherterkin and Georgiev are here, we would have to expose one since Henrik is under contract. I wonder if we extend his deal by a year without a NMC and we can expose him instead?

I was going off the premise that it was this year, per the OP. But, yeah if it was next year, that would change things.:cheers:

Yes. That’s exactly what they did in the Vegas draft. They exposed Skapski. Shesterkin will be ineligible for selection. They have nothing to worry about in goal.

Could Huska be exposed then? He didn't play a full year this year so I'm not sure if that counts as three years pro by the time the draft comes along? Also he'll be an RFA so we probably have to resign him to a 1 year extension by that time. Unless we next offseason sign a journeyman AHL goalie that can be exposed