• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Top Free Agents Available by Position

jsm7302

LW- Thomas Vanek

Patrick Marleau

Pat Maroon

Jamie McGinn

Magnus Paajarvi

Oscar Lindberg

Gabriel Bourque

Micheal Haley

CENTER-Joe Thornton

Derick Brassard

Brian Boyle

Riley Sheahan

RW- Justin Williams

Jason Pominville

Troy Brouwer

Drew Stafford

Tobias Rieder

Dmitrij Jaskin

Stefan Noesen

Devante Smith-Pelly

DEFENSE- Jake Gardiner

Niklas Kronwall

Ben Hutton

Dan Girardi

Michael Stone

Andrew MacDonald

Ben Lovejoy

Marc Methot

(List provided by the Score App)

Obviously the Ben Hutton thread is being hotly contested; with the lack of cap space, does anyone see any use of any of the above names to provide leadership for this young group? As time drags I'm sure some just want to play and would take a one year flyer contract from us to get back on the ice come October. Just some fodder while we countdown the dog days of summer.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd offer Smith-Pelly a PTO and see what he does in camp. He'd be a good replacement for Fast.

i mean im never against giving a guy a PTO, especially a guy with cup winning experience, but they are very different players. and I doubt Smith Pelly would be around another organization for more than a year anyway

really is a shame. After the playoffs he had when they won a cup, he could have really cashed in on a pretty decent ticket through UFA but he stayed loyal to the caps and signed a cheap deal on 1 year. Probably could have gotten 2-3 years at double that on the open market

My Fast jersey would become useless then.

I don't see why we'd get rid of him though. He works as a 4th liner, works very hard, can kill penalties, and has a history of stepping up in the playoffs. I don't see why we'd want to get rid of him

Stop buying jerseys with fringe NHLers

i mean im never against giving a guy a PTO, especially a guy with cup winning experience, but they are very different players. and I doubt Smith Pelly would be around another organization for more than a year anyway

really is a shame. After the playoffs he had when they won a cup, he could have really cashed in on a pretty decent ticket through UFA but he stayed loyal to the caps and signed a cheap deal on 1 year. Probably could have gotten 2-3 years at double that on the open market

You bought a Fast jersey?

I just don't think he does anything particularly well. He's not very effective anywhere.

We don't have the space to be thinking about any UFA, however cheap. Let the kids play on defense. Forget about #7 has beens who aren't much better than Brendan Smith, who can always be summoned from Hartford with only minor cap consequences. If we bring him up, he will promise not to take four minor penalties in seven minutes again.

We don't have the space to be thinking about any UFA, however cheap. Let the kids play on defense. Forget about #7 has beens who aren't much better than Brendan Smith, who can always be summoned from Hartford with only minor cap consequences. If we bring him up, he will promise not to take four minor penalties in seven minutes again.

There's more chance of Smith being the 7th defenseman than a kid. Still think Gorton & JD have a move or two left up their sleeves that could change who's on the opening night roster.

There's more chance of Smith being the 7th defenseman than a kid. Still think Gorton & JD have a move or two left up their sleeves that could change who's on the opening night roster.

If we bury Smith, we can still make 7 D out of what we have

Trouba

Skjei

Fox

Staal

DeAngelo

Hajek

Lindgren

Rykov

I could see us carring Smith as a 7th still if we want those bottom 2-3 to get some time in the minors, but the cap savings from burying his contract might be necessary so I don't know if we could keep him