Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kreider Gets Qualified Vote of Confidence

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    Plus JD sacked up to make the run last year and how many did columbus lose to FA? i don't think losing chris scares him at all. will be a pure hockey decision at the end of the day.
    That's a completely different scenario though.
    They knew they were losing their two superstars to free agency, and whatever window they had with that team was going to close at the end of the season. He was also running an organization that had never won a playoff round.
    I would be utterly shocked if they decided to let Kreider walk in free agency and forego a first round pick and a prospect, only to make a run at possibly making the playoffs with this team. Winning a playoff round with the Rangers means fuck all in the greater scheme of things, and this teams window hasn't even opened yet.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    That's a completely different scenario though.
    They knew they were losing their two superstars to free agency, and whatever window they had with that team was going to close at the end of the season. He was also running an organization that had never won a playoff round.
    I would be utterly shocked if they decided to let Kreider walk in free agency and forego a first round pick and a prospect, only to make a run at possibly making the playoffs with this team. Winning a playoff round with the Rangers means fuck all in the greater scheme of things, and this teams window hasn't even opened yet.
    Agree with this 100%. Totally different situation. Rangers window isn’t really open yet and they’d need a 15-20 point improvement just to get in. Columbus wasn’t in the midst of a youth movement.
    I don’t think they allow him to walk for nothing, or even do the lip service pre-July trade, where they flip his rights for a low round pick just to get something. They know they can get at least a 1st round pick for him, and it doesn’t look like they are going to sign him. They can’t pass that up. Especially looking at the 2020 draft which is both top-heavy and deep. This is a year where multiple picks in the 1st round is something you don’t pass up if you have the opportunity.
    Regardless of where they are in the standings, trading him is only about whether or not they plan on attempting to keep him. It doesn’t look now like that’s something they’re going to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12