Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kreider Gets Qualified Vote of Confidence

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    Plus JD sacked up to make the run last year and how many did columbus lose to FA? i don't think losing chris scares him at all. will be a pure hockey decision at the end of the day.
    That's a completely different scenario though.
    They knew they were losing their two superstars to free agency, and whatever window they had with that team was going to close at the end of the season. He was also running an organization that had never won a playoff round.
    I would be utterly shocked if they decided to let Kreider walk in free agency and forego a first round pick and a prospect, only to make a run at possibly making the playoffs with this team. Winning a playoff round with the Rangers means fuck all in the greater scheme of things, and this teams window hasn't even opened yet.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    That's a completely different scenario though.
    They knew they were losing their two superstars to free agency, and whatever window they had with that team was going to close at the end of the season. He was also running an organization that had never won a playoff round.
    I would be utterly shocked if they decided to let Kreider walk in free agency and forego a first round pick and a prospect, only to make a run at possibly making the playoffs with this team. Winning a playoff round with the Rangers means fuck all in the greater scheme of things, and this teams window hasn't even opened yet.
    Agree with this 100%. Totally different situation. Rangers window isn’t really open yet and they’d need a 15-20 point improvement just to get in. Columbus wasn’t in the midst of a youth movement.
    I don’t think they allow him to walk for nothing, or even do the lip service pre-July trade, where they flip his rights for a low round pick just to get something. They know they can get at least a 1st round pick for him, and it doesn’t look like they are going to sign him. They can’t pass that up. Especially looking at the 2020 draft which is both top-heavy and deep. This is a year where multiple picks in the 1st round is something you don’t pass up if you have the opportunity.
    Regardless of where they are in the standings, trading him is only about whether or not they plan on attempting to keep him. It doesn’t look now like that’s something they’re going to do.

Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar
    2 months in. Team definitely took a step forward with off season acquisitions. Where do they stand with Kreider? My opinion......flipped for picks at the deadline is what will keep this train going in the right direction. Thoughts?

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    2 months in. Team definitely took a step forward with off season acquisitions. Where do they stand with Kreider? My opinion......flipped for picks at the deadline is what will keep this train going in the right direction. Thoughts?
    Still have to trade. Can't give him 7x7.

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    I wouldn't go and buy a Kreider jersey right now. His days here should be numbered. At least he's playing better than he had been, but he's here today and gone tomorrow; his game has pretty much always been the same way. The guy has 30-40 goal a year potential, and one day I'm sure he'll do it. It just won't be here in NY again.

Hopefully we can move him to a contender and he can possibly win a Cup. In turn, we can snatch up the first rounder or solid prospect(s) he retrieves.

I'll add that I'm not sure the Rangers trade him. Quinn does not seem to like Buchnevich, and I get the feeling if he has a say, which he should, they will trade Buchnevich and use the savings towards keeping Kreider. Just a gut feeling.

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Only way Kreider stays is if he takes a big discount.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    I dont see anything wrong keeping Kreider,six years for 6.5 mill a year,he suits this team well ,and probably will even be a better fit in the near future when these young players mature a little

I don’t think they can pay Kreider unless he wants to stay so badly that he takes a big discount in BOTH dollars and term.

Any more than 5 years is too much.
    Any more than 6-6.5 million per is too much.

Yet if he goes to market that 7x7 is a real possibility for him. I firmly believe he can go to free agency and get 40-50 million
    I don’t see the Rangers approaching that number

Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    I don’t think they can pay Kreider unless he wants to stay so badly that he takes a big discount in BOTH dollars and term.

Any more than 5 years is too much.
    Any more than 6-6.5 million per is too much.

Yet if he goes to market that 7x7 is a real possibility for him. I firmly believe he can go to free agency and get 40-50 million
    I don’t see the Rangers approaching that number
    I'm in agreement here...

Kreider is basically a 40-50 points a season player (with the Rangers), and I think we can easily get back more pieces with a trade of Kreider that can make the team deeper or better....kinda like what the Raiders did with Khalil Mack...Although Mack was more of an impact player than Kreider currently is. But who knows, maybe in a better situation Kreider can be that 40 Goal scorer we all though he could become. I can totally see a GM taking a shot, and buying into Kreider's potential.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

Kreider Gets Qualified Vote of Confidence

He can and will get more than he should elsewhere (overpayment) so Id trade him.

He can join my list of guys who were nice to have here but are forgettable 6-12 months down the road. A la JT Miller, Hayes and Stepan.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Parsley; 11-26-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I'm in agreement here...

Kreider is basically a 40-50 points a season player (with the Rangers), and I think we can easily get back more pieces with a trade of Kreider that can make the team deeper or better....kinda like what the Raiders did with Khalil Mack...Although Mack was more of an impact player than Kreider currently is. But who knows, maybe in a better situation Kreider can be that 40 Goal scorer we all though he could become. I can totally see a GM taking a shot, and buying into Kreider's potential.
    Kreider has yet to crack 30 goals so to see him getting 40 is a reach at this point.
    That said, I don’t think for a number of reasons, that we’ve seen Kreider reach his maximum level of production. I think on the right team and playing with the right players, he’s got the ability to score 30-35. Perhaps more, but I’d reserve judgment on that until he at least pots 30.
    I’ve said it before as have some others, but I do believe that if he went elsewhere and was under the right circumstances, he has a few seasons in him of 30+ goals.

Even given that though, that moving him would mean giving up on his best seasons, which could very well still be to come, I’d still pass if it meant more than 5 seasons and $30 million or so

It’s just too much and despite his skating, he is a power forward and they don’t typically age well. I see him having 2-4 seasons where you’re happy and then a drop off.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    There are teams like EDM, STL, and COL who would love him at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    It’s just too much and despite his skating, he is a power forward and they don’t typically age well. I see him having 2-4 seasons where you’re happy and then a drop off.
    That's the point. Power forwards drop off quickly specifically because they don't have Kreider's skating. His market value was much clearer last spring than it is now. This may come down to how his agent assesses that. A #26 first round pick with a 25% chance of becoming a decent NHL player represents little solace for losing him. Who are going to be the leaders of the team that should make the playoffs next year? Zib is injury prone. Panarin doesn't speak the language.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    That's the point. Power forwards drop off quickly specifically because they don't have Kreider's skating. His market value was much clearer last spring than it is now. This may come down to how his agent assesses that. A #26 first round pick with a 25% chance of becoming a decent NHL player represents little solace for losing him. Who are going to be the leaders of the team that should make the playoffs next year? Zib is injury prone. Panarin doesn't speak the language.
    #26 first rounder and +$7 million in cap space over next 6-8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    #26 first rounder and +$7 million in cap space over next 6-8 years.
    I'd take that in 2 seconds for Kreider straight up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Since Zib was traded here, Kreider has only played in 15 more games. Zib's main time missed was due to snapping his leg in a freak accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I'd take that in 2 seconds for Kreider straight up!!!!
    I wouldn't. I want someone closer to being NHL ready than a 2020 1st rounder as the key piece coming back.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    In a perfect world, I'd want Kreider resigned. He just adds an element that's just not easily replaced.

I know he's probably looking for a payday, which is his right, but keeping him would put this team that much closer to the playoffs.
    GORTON 2020

How many goals did he actually make happen because of him screening net front? Who would replace that? Lemieux does but he's not at the Kreider level yet. Iirc, it was about 2 weeks after the Rangers found out about the clot that they sent the letter. I hope they sign him but I don't think they will and it's going to be difficult to get a player with Kreiders intangibles resume to fill his void.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast