Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Manage Expectations After Adding Panarin, Trouba, Kakko

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    We need to get Kreider as much time with the top PP unit, along with top ES linemates.

He needs a career year....going into trade deadline

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Kreider and Panarin both play LW, so if Quinn loads up the top line Kreider won't be there. Personally I'd prefer Panarin and Zib on separate lines, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    A career year would be 54 points and 29 goals. Adding another 15 points seems highly unlikely. Especially playing with a rookie center.
    Lol that's taking that term very literally. Do you think 54 points and 29 goals would be the best year he'll ever have, including all future years?

A career year denotes that he is unlikely to ever do it again.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    A career year for Kreider might look like 35-40 goals and 65-70 points. Would they really have the balls to trade him in such a scenario?
    Thatís Kreiderís absolute ceiling IMO. And I think 40 is a reach for him. I donít think he shoots it well enough to score 40.

Lol that's taking that term very literally. Do you think 54 points and 29 goals would be the best year he'll ever have, including all future years?

I actually think he eventually winds up elsewhere and has a 2-3 season peak where he’s 30-35 goals. But then he’ll start to decline.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect

I think it’s more likely than 70 points...
    GORTON 2020

I think it’s more likely than 70 points...
    Nice sidestep.

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    We need to get Kreider as much time with the top PP unit, along with top ES linemates.

He needs a career year....going into trade deadline

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Absolutely, Puck!! ...on top of that he needs to stay healthy all season!!! That's the way we get top dollar for this guy, because I think he's gone. I can totally see Kreider in my mind's eye, 3 years from now, and it ain't pretty.

He'd be a future buyout candidate in my opinion; When I see a one dimensional, speed player lose his speed....the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    That’s Kreider’s absolute ceiling IMO. And I think 40 is a reach for him. I don’t think he shoots it well enough to score 40.
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    I actually think he eventually winds up elsewhere and has a 2-3 season peak where he’s 30-35 goals. But then he’ll start to decline.
    Absolute ceiling is pretty equivalent to "career year".

My point was a great year puts the Rangers in a tough spot at the deadline, unless they are a shoo-in playoff team or just a terrible team. If they are on the bubble or within spitting distance of the playoffs, they will have a hard time actually making the move to trade him. It's a pipe dream that they would pull the rug out from underneath the team at that point.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm by no means suggesting he's a bust or whatever if he doesn't hit 60.

I'm saying I believe he's got that ability, the forward group is good enough that he can do it, and I'd be personally be disappointed if he didn't.

What's wrong with that?

I think Ranger fans are conditioned for people to not be as good as advertised.

To put it in context ... Folks were pumping Kravtsov and comparing his arc to Kuznetsov and now no one mentions him at all. I think Kakko can wind up being a P/G player eventually and I see Krav as more like an Antropov than Kuznetsov. 60ish points and always leaving you wanting more. (that's not a knock, just a guess)
    well thought out. i'd be happy with that outcome.
    Acqua in bocca

Nice sidestep.
    What sidestep? I think it's more likely that Kreider continues to produce at the same rate than it is to suddenly put up 15 more points with an unproven center.
    GORTON 2020

Absolute ceiling is pretty equivalent to "career year".

My point was a great year puts the Rangers in a tough spot at the deadline, unless they are a shoo-in playoff team or just a terrible team. If they are on the bubble or within spitting distance of the playoffs, they will have a hard time actually making the move to trade him. It's a pipe dream that they would pull the rug out from underneath the team at that point.
    I wasn’t disagreeing with you on that. Just pointing out that that’s probably the absolute maximum level of production one could expect from him.

That would be a tough spot. But I still say that you don’t manage any decision based on Kreider on making the postseason this year. You make him available and take the best offer. It’s fairly apparent they are unlikely to re-sign him, and you can’t lose a desirable commodity for nothing

And that’s yet another reason why I think the organization initially said they wanted to have this addressed before the season starts, so as not to be in the position to have to make such a decision and then have to handle the repercussions in the locker room and with the media and fanbase. But they’re rolling with it now so it’s moot.
    Last edited by RangersIn7; 08-14-2019 at 02:33 PM.

What sidestep? I think it's more likely that Kreider continues to produce at the same rate than it is to suddenly put up 15 more points with an unproven center.
    That's not what career year implies, which was my point.

I'm by no means suggesting he's a bust or whatever if he doesn't hit 60.

I'm saying I believe he's got that ability, the forward group is good enough that he can do it, and I'd be personally be disappointed if he didn't.

What's wrong with that?
    There's nothing wrong with having high expectations for him. I also think he eventually could be a PPG player. But this is a discussion forum where people post their opinions; mine is that your expectations from him in his rookie season might be a bit high. I don't disagree there's a chance he does it if he sticks on the first line and PP1 all season, but I certainly don't think that's a given. It seems a bit unnecessary going in to the season having already decided to be disappointed with a sub 60 point season from him, but whatever.

I think Ranger fans are conditioned for people to not be as good as advertised.
    What is he advertised as, and by who?
    Seems to me that, giddy Rangers blogs aside, most evaluators project him as a decent middle 6 option in his first year.
    Don't get me wrong, if he comes in and is a bonafide 1st line player right from the hop that would be fucking fantastic. I'm just not sure we should be expecting it is all.

That's not what career year implies, which was my point.
    You alluded to the idea of him scoring 70 points next season, did you not? My point is that it's not likely.
    GORTON 2020

You alluded to the idea of him scoring 70 points next season, did you not? My point is that it's not likely.
    I never said it was, but that's what I would personally consider a career year for him. Not 1 goal and 1 point more than his high to date lol

HNIC BSBH Legend
    No way he's buried behind Kravtsov. That would be mismanagement. They are essentially equal experience despite age. Both NA rooks.
    I'm not so sure he'll be playing 82 games on the first line. I think he'll be getting 3rd line minutes behind Buch and Kravstov, at least to start the season.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Agree to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    There's nothing wrong with having high expectations for him. I also think he eventually could be a PPG player. But this is a discussion forum where people post their opinions; mine is that your expectations from him in his rookie season might be a bit high. I don't disagree there's a chance he does it if he sticks on the first line and PP1 all season, but I certainly don't think that's a given. It seems a bit unnecessary going in to the season having already decided to be disappointed with a sub 60 point season from him, but whatever.

What is he advertised as, and by who?
    Seems to me that, giddy Rangers blogs aside, most evaluators project him as a decent middle 6 option in his first year.
    Don't get me wrong, if he comes in and is a bonafide 1st line player right from the hop that would be fucking fantastic. I'm just not sure we should be expecting it is all.

No way he's buried behind Kravtsov. That would be mismanagement. They are essentially equal experience despite age. Both NA rooks.
    NA rookies but Krav has been a pro longer. I just wouldn’t be surprised if Krav gets out to a faster start.
    GORTON 2020

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I hope the kids get chances to develop offensively, consistently, more than I care about point totals year 1, when it comes between 40 vs 60 pts
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Points shmoints - I want a bonerfide goal machine !

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast