• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Manage Expectations After Adding Panarin, Trouba, Kakko

Stephen

The player I’m most curious about is Chytil. Whether or not he stays at center and how he develops over the next 2 seasons is huge for them.

I think it's easier to pick players I'm not curious to see next season.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've followed any of the prospects you'd know Kravtsov has already played center, as I already said.

Karlsson is highly touted and Barron just had a monster year. Please post any recent information you have about them being 50/50 for the NHL?

You've yet to post any support to anything you've said... About any prospects or any cap trouble.

Kravtsov has played what 10 games at center. He’s a child and maybe you’re right maybe he can move positions. Hardly a sure thing or a plan.

As far as those other guys bring 50/50 what are the odds of a late rounder and a third round pick in making the nhl, let alone with any impact? I actually gave them much better odds.

Dunny gave you a pretty clear picture. You chose not to accept it but we should accept these answers for center? Ok. I actually think dunnys numbers are low and there is less space. Not to mention the following year kakko, Zibanejad, and Kravtsov amount others contracts will all be looming.

It’s hard to say they are fucked. It just odd that a team in the rangers position are already feeling the squeeze and have limited their maneuvering ability. For what? Seems like a marketing model not a winning one to me.

The confusion comes from undeniably overpaying an UFA and a late RFA, you traded a tonne of control for, and then reading the tea leaves in the respect that this isn't necessarily going to work in 3-4 years, at the precise time they should be hitting their true stride, they'll now, almost certainly, be dumping value in the bottom of their line up to pay the bills.

Thankfully, Jacob Trouba was just rated as the 15th best D man in the NHL by some intern, and now there's nothing to worry about.

The confusion comes from undeniably overpaying an UFA and a late RFA, you traded a tonne of control for, and then reading the tea leaves in the respect that this isn't necessarily going to work in 3-4 years, at the precise time they should be hitting their true stride, they'll now, almost certainly, be dumping value in the bottom of their line up to pay the bills.

Thankfully, Jacob Trouba was just rated as the 15th best D man in the NHL by some intern, and now there's nothing to worry about.

I think they’ll be ok. I’ve been playing with scenarios. The biggest issue is the Shattenkirk buyout cap hit next season. But if they can’t stop adding dead cap, they’ll be ok. Maybe they’ll have to stop overpaying their RFAs, but that’s a good thing.

I may be off on this but what I find generally amusing is that many who clamoured for a TRUE rebuild got off the wagon at the first hint of a sexy UFA. Now, it seems like rebuild has gone off a little half cocked to me, there's doesn't seem to be an obvious plan up the middle other than to throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks.

Instead, they blew their wad on a winger, for the only reason that he was immediately available.

I may be off on this but what I find generally amusing is that many who clamoured for a TRUE rebuild got off the wagon at the first hint of a sexy UFA. Now, it seems like rebuild has gone off and i have a little half cock, there's doesn't seem to be an obvious plan up the middle other than to throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks.

Instead, they blew their wad on a winger, for the only reason that he was immediately available.

A top 15 PPG forward being available is a good enough reason for me. Rebuild doesn't mean build everything through the draft. While important, it can be supplemented from other sources.

I may be off on this but what I find generally amusing is that many who clamoured for a TRUE rebuild got off the wagon at the first hint of a sexy UFA. Now, it seems like rebuild has gone off a little half cocked to me, there's doesn't seem to be an obvious plan up the middle other than to throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks.

panarin, trouba, kk, and other roster moves move us from missing the playoffs to a wild card contender or better. not a cup contender so you’ve got a legit gripe that we’ve hamstrung the process of rebuilding a cup contender and sacrificed too much cap and resources to get us to middle of the pack. the optimistic counter is that we are developing some young players and we are on a promising trajectory. i am certainly more interested and looking forward to the season than the last 20 games of last season which were hard.

YOU ensured me the Rangers could be competitive adding Panarin + Kravtsov, and being “weaker” in the middle.

If none of these guys develop into 2C, then there’s that cap savings, too. None of the young guys have done anything to warrant making more than 1m per, either. So either everyone goes nuts putting up points and we don’t need a 2C, or multiple busts that you don’t have to worry about it

Exactly

YOU ensured me the Rangers could be competitive adding Panarin + Kravtsov, and being “weaker” in the middle.

If none of these guys develop into 2C, then there’s that cap savings, too. None of the young guys have done anything to warrant making more than 1m per, either. So either everyone goes nuts putting up points and we don’t need a 2C, or multiple busts that you don’t have to worry about it

Buchnevich just got what? Is he a bust or a success?

Uh, what? That contact ain’t an issue, and won’t prevent the team from signing their RFAs. That’s a nice bridge deal that expires before anyone is due to re-up. I don’t think these are the contracts Dunny is implying will hurt the team in the future

Uh, what? That contact ain’t an issue, and won’t prevent the team from signing their RFAs. That’s a nice bridge deal that expires before anyone is due to re-up. I don’t think these are the contracts Dunny is implying will hurt the team in the future

Nor am I. I’m only asking because I would hardly call him a success or a bust. Thdxrangrs are still trying to figure out what he is. Yet he got $3.25m a year. I’m not saying it’s bad or a problem. I am questioning why you think that any of the current elcs wouldn’t at least be in the same boat as buchnevich? I mean chytil has another year like the last two and what’s he getting? It’s not $1m and the rangers aren’t cutting bait from him either.

Because none of them have been close to being as effective as Buchnevich? How much are guys getting for 40 points these days?

If they all re-sign at similar contracts per production, that’s a win for the Rangers

Anderson is Already a bust I thought?

Man, being 19 and in the NHL is hard enough without people jumping to 'ZOMG NO POINTS YET BUST BUST BUST'. Kid can't even shave his sack hair and we're saying he's done.

Chytil looks like a wing at this point.

What? Chytil's gonna be our 2c this year. He was one of the biggest improvers in zone entry in the NHL (meaning he's one of the best in the NHL at carrying the puck into the offensive zone). He's going to be dishing it to two of Kakko, Panarin, Kreider, Buchnevich or Kravtsov. Big things coming.

Kravtsov is now being moved to center, good thing he’s already proved his trade at wing.

No chance right now. Kravtsov played some C on a garbage team. He'll play wing in the NHL.

Why are they trading Zibanejad? Only reason I can think of is money when his contract is up. Karlsson and Barron are 50/50 at best if they even play in the nhl let alone be impact centers.

So yeah you’re right they have plenty of centers and even more when they move players to center. None of which are even close to proving themselves nhl players other than Zibanejad, who you want to trade.

Zibanejad, Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Strome, Nieves, Barron, Henriksson - yeah, we're hurting for centers right now. Just because you're probably not immediately seeing the 2c right this moment doesn't mean we're hard up.

Unless you're one of those people who thinks we're going to win the cup this year and desperately need to bring in that 2c to make it happen as if it were the last piece of the puzzle. Then your problem lies with perception.

Because none of them have been close to being as effective as Buchnevich? How much are guys getting for 40 points these days?

If they all re-sign at similar contracts per production, that’s a win for the Rangers

I'll take odds that Buchnevich ends up being the best bang-for-the-buck non-entry level deal in the Eastern Conference this year. If he plays like he did at the end of the season, we're sitting on a steal.

Maybe because we've had like 8 first round picks in the last 3 years, then had the #2, Fox and Trouba fall in our laps? It's disingenuous to think that it doesn't change things, and downright naive to think it shouldn't change things.
  • Like 1

I thought Barron was a defenseman.

Man, being 19 and in the NHL is hard enough without people jumping to 'ZOMG NO POINTS YET BUST BUST BUST'. Kid can't even shave his sack hair and we're saying he's done.

What? Chytil's gonna be our 2c this year. He was one of the biggest improvers in zone entry in the NHL (meaning he's one of the best in the NHL at carrying the puck into the offensive zone). He's going to be dishing it to two of Kakko, Panarin, Kreider, Buchnevich or Kravtsov. Big things coming.

No chance right now. Kravtsov played some C on a garbage team. He'll play wing in the NHL.

Zibanejad, Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Strome, Nieves, Barron, Henriksson - yeah, we're hurting for centers right now. Just because you're probably not immediately seeing the 2c right this moment doesn't mean we're hard up.

Unless you're one of those people who thinks we're going to win the cup this year and desperately need to bring in that 2c to make it happen as if it were the last piece of the puzzle. Then your problem lies with perception.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

serious question is Fox really that much of a given? It sure seems like he's a slam dunk and we're already looking far down the road at what his next contract might be. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be wishful thinking and would like to see him play at least a shift before we anoint him a top 4 NHL dman.