• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Manage Expectations After Adding Panarin, Trouba, Kakko

Stephen

They're not cap strapped and have yet to prove they will be.

Well they are right now and barring an old fashioned hockey trade there is little room to upgrade anywhere the next two years. Totally fair that we don’t know what will happen three years from now. Not sure why people don’t think there won’t be more spooner, Namestnikov type contracts handed out though.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they are right now and barring an old fashioned hockey trade there is little room to upgrade anywhere the next two years. Totally fair that we don’t know what will happen three years from now. Not sure why people don’t think there won’t be more spooner, Namestnikov type contracts handed out though.

Where are you upgrading?

In 2 years Staal Smith and Hank are off the books and the bulk of Shatty is too

I assume the cap will rise, but I'm using today dollars. If the cap goes up, salaries go up accordingly.

Maybe signing Panarin and Trouba long term will be a bargain when salaries rise.

Complaining about possible cap problems in 2022 because many of our young guys work out seems like something only habitual complainers would do. Too many things can happen so save the energy.

Maybe signing Panarin and Trouba long term will be a bargain when salaries rise.

Complaining about possible cap problems in 2022 because many of our young guys work out seems like something only habitual complainers would do. Too many things can happen so save the energy.

Also, my wallet is too small for my $100 bills, and my diamond shoes are too tight.

I thought I demonstrated how we'll have about 25 million to pay for 14 players on a hypothetical roster, outside of the players listed, only three seasons from now. All I see in return is some intangible argument about TV deals and some statements about how that's a good problem to have.

This has been categorized as hand wringing and I've been portrayed as a constant complainer. I demand satisfaction.

Really, it's August and I'm bored waiting for October.

I thought I demonstrated how we'll have about 25 million to pay for 14 players on a hypothetical roster, outside of the players listed, only three seasons from now. All I see in return is some intangible argument about TV deals and some statements about how that's a good problem to have.

This has been categorized as hand wringing and I've been portrayed as a constant complainer. I demand satisfaction.

Really, it's August and I'm bored waiting for October.

Yes, you're a hand wringer... Confirmed. But separately you never said what your cap was that you're estimating this $25 million for 14 players.

August is probably the worst month of the year, TBH.

Good point. It's almost a certainty that:

1. Chytil busts.

2. Andersson busts.

3. Due to the abundant wings, they won't move Kravtsov to C, which he's played before

4. They can't pull off a trade similar to Brass for Zib

5. They can't sign a college player to an ELC, like Hayes

6. Henrik Karlsson busts

7. Morgan Barron busts

They truly are doomed with no way out other than to sign Getzlaf, Krejci or Backes to $15 million cap hits, and we won't have to room...Shit. We're fucked.

• Like 1

I don’t know maybe at center. You know that worthless position.

Right, so if the following happens....

Good point. It's almost a certainty that:

1. Chytil busts.

2. Andersson busts.

3. Due to the abundant wings, they won't move Kravtsov to C, which he's played before

4. They can't pull off a trade similar to Brass for Zib

5. They can't sign a college player to an ELC, like Hayes

6. Henrik Karlsson busts

7. Morgan Barron busts

They truly are doomed with no way out other than to sign Getzlaf, Krejci or Backes to $15 million cap hits, and we won't have to room...Shit. We're fucked.

Then there is not cap issue because we don't have to pay any of those kids. They can instead make your dreams come true and sign Dzingel with the money instead of paying Chytil.

• Like 1

I think Morgan Barron could possibly be Superman.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Right, so if the following happens....

Then there is not cap issue because we don't have to pay any of those kids. They can instead make your dreams come true and sign Dzingel with the money instead of paying Chytil.

Seriously. I said sign dzingel as a stop gap for 2-3 years. He was never more than a pro to put in the lineup while the kids developed. But carry on if it makes you feel better.

Anderson is Already a bust I thought? Chytil looks like a wing at this point. Kravtsov is now being moved to center, good thing he’s already proved his trade at wing. Why are they trading Zibanejad? Only reason I can think of is money when his contract is up. Karlsson and Barron are 50/50 at best if they even play in the nhl let alone be impact centers.

So yeah you’re right they have plenty of centers and even more when they move players to center. None of which are even close to proving themselves nhl players other than Zibanejad, who you want to trade.

Anderson is Already a bust I thought? Chytil looks like a wing at this point. Kravtsov is now being moved to center, good thing he?s already proved his trade at wing. Why are they trading Zibanejad? Only reason I can think of is money when his contract is up. Karlsson and Barron are 50/50 at best if they even play in the nhl let alone be impact centers.

So yeah you?re right they have plenty of centers and even more when they move players to center. None of which are even close to proving themselves nhl players other than Zibanejad, who you want to trade.

If you've followed any of the prospects you'd know Kravtsov has already played center, as I already said.

Karlsson is highly touted and Barron just had a monster year. Please post any recent information you have about them being 50/50 for the NHL?

You've yet to post any support to anything you've said... About any prospects or any cap trouble.

If you've followed any of the prospects you'd know Kravtsov has already played center, as I already said.

Karlsson is highly touted and Barron just had a monster year. Please post any recent information you have about them being 50/50 for the NHL?

You've yet to post any support to anything you've said... About any prospects or any cap trouble.

Karl Henriksson*. But yeah they have high expectations of him.

Kravtsov’s time at center was limited to just the WJC. Moving him to center long-term could be a possibility given his frame and skill set. If there’s anyone in the organization who probably could move to center from wing it’d be him. He’d just need the time to really fine tune his positioning. He was a bit more hesitant driving offense from center at the WJC.

Karl Henriksson*. But yeah they have high expectations of him.

Kravtsov?s time at center was limited to just the WJC. Moving him to center long-term could be a possibility given his frame and skill set. If there?s anyone in the organization who probably could move to center from wing it?d be him. He?d just need the time to really fine tune his positioning. He was a bit more hesitant driving offense from center at the WJC.

Whoops yes Henriksson.

Krav was also playing injured in WJC, but the point is he has experience there. He's also like the 5th option to play there in 3 years when every other center prospect busts and we can't afford Getzlaf! ;)