Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Rangers Manage Expectations After Adding Panarin, Trouba, Kakko

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Not at all. The underlying point is that it’s a given that kakko is penciled in as a top line forward at minimum. I don’t doubt that but just reading posts on here the general discussion pre draft has tempered as it should. He’s a kid that needs time and the least amount of pressure possible. Not to go down this hole but Kenny Albert for one is reliable, no?

My general point is to get people’s expectation of what panarin will produce. Pre July 1st when his destination was uncertain arguments were made at what he’d mean signing here and what he’d bring. Obviously intangibles, effect on others play, etc will have to sorted out and is not easily determined. Point totals are just that and that’s all I’m asking.

You don’t need to read into it anymore than that. Kakko, Kravtsov, Fox, and trouba production have all been discussed without incident. Why can’t the same be discussed with panarin

My expectations
    Kakko 55 points
    Kravtsov 40 points
    Fox. 25 points
    Trouba. 45 points
    Panarin. 92 points
    Because Panarin, over the last for years on two different teams, has gone for 77, 74, 82, and 87 points. He's never scored less than 27 goals. There are no question marks surrounding Panarin. Kakko, Kravtsov, and Fox are rookies with no track record, that's why people debate it. Trouba is going to be in the spotlight with an expanded role, that's why people debate it. There'd be more question marks surrounding Kucherov or Point leaving Tampa than there is about Panarin.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Because Panarin, over the last for years on two different teams, has gone for 77, 74, 82, and 87 points. He's never scored less than 27 goals. There are no question marks surrounding Panarin. Kakko, Kravtsov, and Fox are rookies with no track record, that's why people debate it. Trouba is going to be in the spotlight with an expanded role, that's why people debate it. There'd be more question marks surrounding Kucherov or Point leaving Tampa than there is about Panarin.
    We also don't know what ice time will look like for the young players. Panarin will get 20 min.

If Kakko gets 17-18 min a night, I would suspect he is getting large PP minutes and would think he'd close in on 60 points.

And that’s why my expectations are as such. I’m not debAting him not performing to somewhere close to what he has in the past. The others I do expect a learning curve from.

The thread is about expectations is it not?

So how many points do you expect from him?

Senior Member Mite Division tphilly5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    So how many points do you expect from him?
    Is he with Zib and Kakko? How effective is the PP? I will guess 80 given a likely adjustment period.

Bottom line is what does it matter? In a couple years do we have one of the best top lines in the league?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    We also don't know what ice time will look like for the young players. Panarin will get 20 min.

If Kakko gets 17-18 min a night, I would suspect he is getting large PP minutes and would think he'd close in on 60 points.
    Ice time is everything.
    After Zib and Panarin who gets the next most ice time among the forward group?
    Is whoever winds up as 2C able to play 18+ minutes or will it be more like 16?
    How many minutes can the kids actually play?
    How does PP time get whacked up?

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    The answer is Brendan Smith.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Team too soft
    Correct! #truegrit

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Josh, do you think Smith will not be buried in the AHL?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Why would he be in Hartford? Quinn loves him!

And he’s the last player you want in Hartford, if you are trying to use that as a developmental program.

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    What was the question again?

Oh that's right, it doesn't matter!!! LOL

OMG no one will bite on that? There's NO way Quinn will keep Smith playing in the NHL. Who's spot will he take away? Seriously, that's insane! He will be buried unless Henny Penny is right and the sky falls down. You think he'll play Smith over ADA or Lemieux? Not a chance.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Bite? I don’t want smith here. I was the first smith hater. What a horrible trade.
    I posted what I predict Quinn will do, based on what Quinn’s done.

I guess there's a chance he makes the team. Wouldn't take more than neither of Hajek and Rykov showing up in camp.

day-to-day Midget Division
    espn fluff piece on Trouba and fiancee Kelly Tyson.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...heir-ambitions
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Senior Member Midget Division
    Per thread title...I need to keep reminding myself to manage my own expectations. September always kindles my hockey addiction to a heightened level of ‘lets go!’
    Last edited by 4EverRangerFrank; 09-03-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718