• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Buyout D-Day is Here

Phil

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what they're gonna do here, but I will say one thing; Whatever it is, I know both of these guys (JD and Gorton) know what they're doing and they have a plan. I trust they will do the best thing for this team....

We've had one hell of an off season so far and today will be just another great day for the Rangers in taking steps toward being a serious contender very soon!

• Like 1

I'm starting to think they're not buying anyone out. It just seems strange to wait so long if that was the plan. I mean what exactly are they waiting for?

Seems pretty pointless to have any real trade negotiations during a buyout window in a cap crunch, as teams would be lowballing the fuck out of you.

I'd have a guess at nothing happening and then cap dump trades for Shatty/Strome/Names + burying Smith and Beleskey.

I'll pick a Shattenkirk buyout. He frees up the most space and they seem pretty confident about Fox, which that makes 3 starting RHD. Plus no trades have been made. I'd be a bit surprised if they swing multiple moves today to free up the necessary space, rather than bailing on Shattenkirk.

I'll pick a Shattenkirk buyout. He frees up the most space and they seem pretty confident about Fox, which that makes 3 starting RHD. Plus no trades have been made. I'd be a bit surprised if they swing multiple moves today to free up the necessary space, rather than bailing on Shattenkirk.

As much as I hate this idea, I think this is the most practical too.

I don't think they buy anyone out' date=' but I think that puts them in quite a precarious position come October.[/quote']

I wouldn't say it's precarious. Worst case scenario you trade Namestnikov and Strome for a bag of pucks and a tube of sour cream & onion Pringles respectively.

It's not ideal but all things considered it's probably worth it for bringing in Panarin and Trouba.

My guess is no one gets brought out. Maybe a trade gets done, Ottawa is accepting draft picks in return for taking on bad contracts. They have the roster they are going with to start the season and still are 15 mil. under the cap. The question is how high of a draft pick are we willing to give up in order to move a contract and is Smith and/or Shatty willing to go to Ottawa as both have Limited no movement clauses/the can only be moved to teams they ok ( 10 team no movement clauses).

Other than that, the obvious is Kreider, whos the only player we have available that has value

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

They haven't been able to trade Shatty yet, but we don't know if that's because there is absolutely no market or whether they've been fairly close and there have been other teams that were interested but have to get their own houses in order first. If the latter, maybe they risk no buying him out. And it is a risk, because if you can't unload Shatty, getting under the limit becomes a very difficult proposition.

If today passes without any movement, I won't be upset, but I'll have spend the last two days doing no work and refreshing twitter every 2 minutes.

Same here. Between this and the MLB trade deadline. Must have some trade talk working to have not heard anything.