• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Buyout D-Day is Here

Phil

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd actually prefer no buyouts.

Smith - dont care. bye.

Dont like the idea of buying out Shattenkirk or Staal.

I also want to see Namestnikov, Strome and Kreider again. But all of this cant happen.

I don't know if we really need a buyout, but I'm just hoping it's Staal. He's just so bad that this team can't really do anything meaningful while he's still going out there, but no coach ever seems willing to scratch him. He's the only one hurting the team by being on it. Buyout Staal just to get him out of here. If not him don't buy out anyone because the other two don't hurt the team and it would waste money when they could just sit without paying the penalty.

I don't know if we really need a buyout, but I'm just hoping it's Staal. He's just so bad that this team can't really do anything meaningful while he's still going out there, but no coach ever seems willing to scratch him. He's the only one hurting the team by being on it. Buyout Staal just to get him out of here. If not him don't buy out anyone because the other two don't hurt the team and it would waste money when they could just sit without paying the penalty.

I could imagine a Staal - Shattenkirk as a 3rd pair, playing "sheltered" minutes and being just fine, while adding time on the PK & PP, respectively.

I dont want Smith in the lineup, in general.

But I trust management.

May delete in an hour.

I just honestly don't know if I have the emotional strength to sit through another season of watching Marc Steal. It's just mentally exhausting knowing how many better options we have. There is almost no excuse for him to take the ice for this team this season. But there was no excuse for a Staal-Pionk paring to even exist last season, so I don't have my hopes up.

I was just up on NHL.com and didn't see any buyouts for any teams unless they wait for the last minute.

I'm holding out hope it stays that way. The preference has always been trades, and because none had happened yet I think most believed that they weren't there to be made.

All they had to do was hand out one less year to one of the current buyout candidates. Including Lundqvist. Just one of them. But they didn't, and now we're fucked, and will dump a good hockey player for pennies on tbe dollar, all because they couldn't give Staal one less year, which he probably wasn't demanding anyways. Term is the only thing that matters.

All they had to do was hand out one less year to one of the current buyout candidates. Including Lundqvist. Just one of them. But they didn't, and now we're fucked, and will dump a good hockey player for pennies on tbe dollar, all because they couldn't give Staal one less year, which he probably wasn't demanding anyways. Term is the only thing that matters.

Don’t be hysterical. We’re not in any way fucked, and if bringing in Panarin and Trouba means dumping Strome and Namestnikov it’s worth it.

Don’t be hysterical. We’re not in any way fucked, and if bringing in Panarin and Trouba means dumping Strome and Namestnikov it’s worth it.

Sure, it's worth it, in the medium term anyways, their contracts will eventually become millstone too, but it hurts us next year, I don't think that's really debatable.

Sure, it's worth it, in the medium term anyways, their contracts will eventually become millstone too, but it hurts us next year, I don't think that's really debatable.

Losing those two is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. I’m not sure how trading them for a bag of pucks hurt us as they’re basically replacement level.

But yeah, the problem is the Staal, Smith and Shatty contracts (Skjei to a lesser extent) and not the moves made this off season.