Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyout D-Day is Here

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

Buyout D-Day is Here

Window closes this afternoon.

Get your predictions in here on what they do. Who goes, who stays, who is bought out?
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Mite Division tphilly5's Avatar
    Shatty gets bought out..wish it was Kreider getting traded

Senior Member Squirt Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Smith & Belesky get buried in minors.
    Names gets bought out.
    Shattenkirk eventually gets traded with some salary retained.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    What a mess. Almost impossible to guess what they'll do, all I know is that all available options are less than ideal.

Buying Hank out makes the most sense, but he's special.

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Nothing happens.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    Nothing happens.

I think I am in this camp as well. As much as I think this is the wrong approach, Im not sure they do anything. If anyone is bought out, I think it might be Smith and/or Namestnikov.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Smith will get the ax. They're trying to build a good culture in Hartford and they don't need some washed up dude starting fights with everyone.

Namestnikov will later be traded, and potentially Shattenkirk.
    GORTON 2020

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    I have no idea what they're gonna do here, but I will say one thing; Whatever it is, I know both of these guys (JD and Gorton) know what they're doing and they have a plan. I trust they will do the best thing for this team....

We've had one hell of an off season so far and today will be just another great day for the Rangers in taking steps toward being a serious contender very soon!

Senior Member Midget Division
    ^This! Amen to all of the that.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I'm starting to think they're not buying anyone out. It just seems strange to wait so long if that was the plan. I mean what exactly are they waiting for?
    Seems pretty pointless to have any real trade negotiations during a buyout window in a cap crunch, as teams would be lowballing the fuck out of you.
    I'd have a guess at nothing happening and then cap dump trades for Shatty/Strome/Names + burying Smith and Beleskey.

Probably waiting because they have trades in the table and they are trying to lessen the blow or decide what is the best option.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Smith on waivers in 6 minutes.

Trade in a week or 2
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

I'll pick a Shattenkirk buyout. He frees up the most space and they seem pretty confident about Fox, which that makes 3 starting RHD. Plus no trades have been made. I'd be a bit surprised if they swing multiple moves today to free up the necessary space, rather than bailing on Shattenkirk.

//reported Junior Division
    I don't think they buy anyone out, but I think that puts them in quite a precarious position come October.
    LGR!

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I'll pick a Shattenkirk buyout. He frees up the most space and they seem pretty confident about Fox, which that makes 3 starting RHD. Plus no trades have been made. I'd be a bit surprised if they swing multiple moves today to free up the necessary space, rather than bailing on Shattenkirk.
    As much as I hate this idea, I think this is the most practical too.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    I don't think they buy anyone out, but I think that puts them in quite a precarious position come October.
    I wouldn't say it's precarious. Worst case scenario you trade Namestnikov and Strome for a bag of pucks and a tube of sour cream & onion Pringles respectively.
    It's not ideal but all things considered it's probably worth it for bringing in Panarin and Trouba.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar

Buyout D-Day is Here

My guess is no one gets brought out. Maybe a trade gets done, Ottawa is accepting draft picks in return for taking on bad contracts. They have the roster they are going with to start the season and still are 15 mil. under the cap. The question is how high of a draft pick are we willing to give up in order to move a contract and is Smith and/or Shatty willing to go to Ottawa as both have Limited no movement clauses/the can only be moved to teams they ok ( 10 team no movement clauses).

Other than that, the obvious is Kreider, whos the only player we have available that has value

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr.wiskers; 07-31-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    If today passes without any movement, I won't be upset, but I'll have spend the last two days doing no work and refreshing twitter every 2 minutes.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    If today passes without any movement, I won't be upset, but I'll have spend the last two days doing no work and refreshing twitter every 2 minutes.
    Refreshing this forum and checking the NHL app is what I've been doing.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    They haven't been able to trade Shatty yet, but we don't know if that's because there is absolutely no market or whether they've been fairly close and there have been other teams that were interested but have to get their own houses in order first. If the latter, maybe they risk no buying him out. And it is a risk, because if you can't unload Shatty, getting under the limit becomes a very difficult proposition.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast