Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brendan Lemieux Is A Jagged Little Piece of Rangers’ Cap Puzzle

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

Brendan Lemieux Is A Jagged Little Piece of Rangers’ Cap Puzzle

Provided Lemieux’s 19-game sample in New York — admittedly a small one — isn’t a total and complete abberration, the roughly 0.3 P/GP scoring rate he performed at last season could make for a fantastic return on investment should it continue and the Rangers manage to keep him at the bargain rate he’s likely to sign for.

According to The Twins over at EvolvingWild, Lemieux is projected to be retained for $993,510 on a two-year ticket. That kind of contract would not only carry him through his 25th birthday, but could see him put up career numbers given what we know of forward scoring arcs relative to age.
    Lemieux’s hyper-aggression is what endears him to both fans and his coaching staff, but isn’t without its own risks, including the penalty differential he battles with each year. He lead all Rangers last season in penalty minutes per game (2.18) and had the fourth-highest minor penalties per 60 (1.72) — though the latter also deals with a heavy sample size caveat.

Still, while fighting has dwindled across the league on its way to becoming a non factor event, physical play hasn’t, and Lemieux brings it in spades. In many ways, what he lacks in offensive ability is generally made up for in his relentless physical approach in which he’s often the catalyst to battles both during game play and after the whistle.

While there is clearly a limit to the height of Lemieux’s would-be success — one heavily influenced by his own talent shortcomings — there’s still enough left to his approach worth investing in.
    https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019...ary-cap-puzzle
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    nice two year deal if they can get it.

just another guy that you look forward to seeing some growth from this year. would love to see him turn into a fast type playing the lower end but being able to move up to the second line for limited minutes in a pinch.
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I like him, and if they can sign him to the projected cost it’s a bit of a no brainer really.
    If he can play the way he does whilst putting up 25-30 points that’s excellent value.
    He needs to work on his defensive game, however.

Brooks expects him to play for his Qualifying Offer, which would mean a one-year deal worth $874,125. DeAngelo, too.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    I like him, and if they can sign him to the projected cost it’s a bit of a no brainer really.
    If he can play the way he does whilst putting up 25-30 points that’s excellent value.
    I absolutely LOVE this kid!!!!

He's a "must sign", and I think Gorton and JD know it. They'll get this one done for sure. I believe in this management team....They're good and they'll navigate this salary cap shit they inherited.....no worries from me.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    While it would be nice for him to put up that much, I don't think he will. Ill take him at that 2 year deal, no problem, but they also have to use him properly. He is a good 3rd/4th liner, I wouldn't use him any higher though. Like you said, his defensive game needs a lot of work.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Brooks expects him to play for his Qualifying Offer, which would mean a one-year deal worth $874,125. DeAngelo, too.
    Nice. One aspect of his game that you don’t mention is that, whilst he gets penalised a lot, he draws as many as he takes. That’s a positive in his game imo.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Lemieux should remain a Ranger at that price. This team lacks sandpaper without him.

Senior Member Junior Division
    love this kid. Loved when he beat the wheels off of Miles Wood and gave a "Is that it?!?!?" to the devils

Nice. One aspect of his game that you don’t mention is that, whilst he gets penalised a lot, he draws as many as he takes. That’s a positive in his game imo.
    Yeah, I kind of glossed over it some in the differential. I probably should have made a stronger note about him being positive in the category.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I really like Lemieux. He and Tony D were pummeling people down the stretch. Having a little anger and nastiness is always, always a good thing. I actually think he should play up the lineup this season
    GORTON 2020

I mean, I don't see him as higher than a third-line. He reminds me a lot of Dorsett.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I mean, I don't see him as higher than a third-line. He reminds me a lot of Dorsett.
    Could be, but he's still young. I guess I'm hopeful he can be more of a Hyman type of player. Either way, he's useful.
    GORTON 2020

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Thats pretty good comparison, I was thinking also that he is a lot like Prust or Barnaby.

I think he may have a little more talent than Dorsett. He's still just a kid and learning, but I absolutely ADORE his ability to be feisty. Plus, there's no denying his pedigree.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Plus, there's no denying his pedigree.
    The only thing his pedigree means is that he has a douche for a father lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    True!!! However...

He was a pain in the ass to play against though! I wouldn't have minded having a player like him for all those years of service he gave those critters over there in NJ.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Yeah, but wouldn't you have loved to have a douche like that?
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Yeah, but wouldn't you have loved to have a douche like that?
    Up until he turtles when challenged yeah lol

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Up until he turtles when challenged yeah lol
    Sure, but I'd probably do the same thing if Draper came at me to beat me bloody
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast