Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rangers Re-Sign Pavel Buchnevich to 2-Year/$6.5M Extension; $3.25M AAV

HNIC BSBH Legend
    So why would you move ADA and not Shattenkirk?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Itís not bullshit. They just brought in Trouba and Fox, plus they have some good defense prospects ready to step in. Even if they can buy out Smith, there really is no room for him on this roster. His defensive play still lacks a lot as well. He hasnít been able to crack the lineup steadily since he came here.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    So why would you move ADA and not Shattenkirk?
    I would love to move Shatty, but who is gonna take him? IMO, ADA is easier to move than Shatty right now. Both aren’t needed here.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Itís not bullshit. They just brought in Trouba and Fox, plus they have some good defense prospects ready to step in. Even if they can buy out Smith, there really is no room for him on this roster. His defensive play still lacks a lot as well. He hasnít been able to crack the lineup steadily since he came here.
    Of course itís bullshit. For example:

As a waiver-eligible player in October, DeAngelo had no choice but to finally make his skill matter. He did. On the ice, DeAngelo was not only the Rangersí best defenseman but one of the better defensemen in the entire NHL. He registered four goals and 26 assists in 61 games. Thatís especially incredible production given that:

1. The Rangers were a poor offensive team overall.
    2. He did not start the season always playing a lot of minutes or earning time on the top PP unit.
    DeAngelo showed why he has been an elite offensive defenseman at every level. He skates well. His vision is absolutely incredible. He walks the blue line well. Heís adept at getting pucks through from the point and thereís some mustard on his own shooting attempts. He also cleaned up his defensive zone play. Did he make mistakes sometimes? Yes. Did it piss off Quinn? Yes. But he improved enough to the point that his offensive contributions outweighed the defensive deficiencies. Per Evolving Hockey, DeAngelo finished 47th out of all NHL defensemen by Goals Above Replacement. That staunchly puts him among top-pairing defensemen, and he did it despite not playing 21 games! In a full season, how high does he finish? Top-15? Top-10?
    He may become expendable if Fox pans out the way we hope. But thereís 100% a need for him this season and to move him now would be incredibly stupid. You might want to let Fox play a couple of games in the NHL before deciding a very good, young and cheap defenseman is surplus to requirements.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Of course it’s bullshit. For example:

He may become expendable if Fox pans out the way we hope. But there’s 100% a need for him this season and to move him now would be incredibly stupid. You might want to let Fox play a couple of games in the NHL before deciding a very good, young and cheap defenseman is surplus to requirements.
    Again, it’s not bullshit. First off, who is the article from? Secondly, if you think he is a top pairing defensemen, then we are far off on how we feel he will be. He is terrible in his own zone. People bitched about Pionk’s play, and he out played ADA, and that’s proven by the fact that Pionk earned more playing time and was a regular over ADA. I don’t care about Corsi or any of those stats, I care more about his play, which I have watched, and he is far from a top pairing defensemen.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Again, it’s not bullshit. First off, who is the article from? Secondly, if you think he is a top pairing defensemen, then we are far off on how we feel he will be. He is terrible in his own zone. People bitched about Pionk’s play, and he out played ADA, and that’s proven by the fact that Pionk earned more playing time and was a regular over ADA. I don’t care about Corsi or any of those stats, I care more about his play, which I have watched, and he is far from a top pairing defensemen.
    Ok, we’re definitely done here.
    The article: http://https://www.blueshirtbanter.c...gelo-andersson

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    Who came up with "The Sullen Russian" ? Was it Ozzy or Dunny? Loved that one.
    How would you guys describe the type of player Buch is? I have a hard time thinking about what it is he does particularly well.
    It was Dunny, Brownie!

I got a kick outta that one too!!

This is a good bridge to see what this kid can do, and also if he's gonna be able to make it with the team structure going forward. I just hope his new millions can buy a lot of crying towels for the bench! LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123