• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Vinni Lettieri to 1-Year/$700K Extension

Phil

Frustrating when a guy can dominate the A but can't seem to find their groove in the NHL. Maybe this is the year. Late bloomer.

Im happy to have him in the organization if he helps Hartford do well. I think he's a pretty one-dimensional player though. That kind of stuff can fly if you're good enough to be a top line player in the league. but he's not. a lot of players that have offensive skill but maybe aren't elite top line nhlers, will learn to adapt and add aspects to their game. I don't think Lettieri can play a 2way role, i don't think we'll see him killing penalties or being on a shutdown/checking line. He's a pure offensive player and isn't good enough at it for the NHL

I assume its two-way. We cannot afford to sign anyone like this to a one-way. Note that John Gilmore got a one way in spite of little more impact than Vinnie at the NHL level.

They can afford it just fine. The AHL cap on stashed deals is just over a million this year. Lettieri signed his Qualifying Offer, so his deal is worth like $850K, give or take.

I didn’t know mediocre could be a dimension lol

Terrible NHL player. Give him the C in Hartford and wish him good luck. He's one dimensional and that dimension is not being good enough. Sure he's a great guy blah blah blah.
  • Like 1

I think Leitteri still has potential as a bottom-six player. He's a volume shooter who hasn't quite found his game in the NHL yet. You're looking at someone with 3.79 shots per game in the AHL versus 1.48 in the NHL. Maybe he just thrives against lower competition but given his success at the AHL level, I'd like to see what he could do in the NHL if he just plays his game the way he has the AHL level. Maybe it's a matter of ceiling. I haven't seen the energy and shooting transition yet.

He’s a good AHL player. He could probably do well in the Euro leagues, maybe even in the KHL at a push. He just isn’t good enough for the NHL. Like most professional hockey players, really.

I haven’t seen much in his game that suggests he’ll be able to remodel himself to become an effective checking line/bottom six player in the NHL either. But this is totally fine as an AHL/depth signing.

who cares we're not trying to play against him. He's a plug at the nhl level who's shown no signs of breaking out. As for the bottom six I would rather see new blood than guys that have failed to prove much here already. He'll be plenty good for Hartford and there's something to be said for that.