• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Jacob Trouba to 7-Year/$56M Extension; $8M AAV

Phil

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until you see what the 2nd best D got, just 3 summers ago, after winning a Norris...

? It was a year before he won the Norris. His previous point high was 55 points at the time of the deal and he signed for 10.8% of the cap. Trouba's previous high was 50 points and he signed for 9.8% of the cap. Sounds about right. Let's hope Trouba's career path is similar now.

• Like 1

? It was a year before he won the Norris. His previous point high was 55 points at the time of the deal and he signed for 10.8% of the cap. Trouba's previous high was 50 points and he signed for 9.8% of the cap. Sounds about right. Let's hope Trouba's career path is similar now.

No one but fans and media really subscribe to the % of the cap argument.

Ridiculous.

Easy to talk about Hedman's contract as a great deal 3 years later, when he signed it before he became Hedman lol.

Yeah, it's late and I'm tired. I gave more examples earlier in the thread. I'm not going back to find them.

Trouba got overpaid for one great year. We're gambling. That's the reality of it.

Until you see what the 2nd best D got, just 3 summers ago, after winning a Norris...

Yeah, and if you compare Hedman from 3 years ago to today's Trouba they are pretty much the same. And with the increased cap Hedman's contract was actually bigger. Looks like we made a good deal :)

Lets hope Trouba also takes the next step AFTER signing his contract too. Then the contract will be amazing in 3 years.

Yeah, and if you compare Hedman from 3 years ago to today's Trouba they are pretty much the same. And with the increased cap Hedman's contract was actually bigger. Looks like we made a good deal :)

Lets hope Trouba also takes the next step AFTER signing his contract too. Then the contract will be amazing in 3 years.

cant compare Hedman to Troupa,Hedman ceiling way higher than Troupa

Been watching highlights everyday.... can't wait for Traverse City to officially open. I need something.

I'm so ready for the season to start....I even watched an old Flyers/Sabres game from 1975 the other night.

I'm fucking fiending for some NEW Rangers hockey!

I watched some of that. I kept thinking how much different the game was. No hitting at all but lots of hooking.

Holy shit, dude!!! You saw that too!!! I never realized how much those guys slowed down other players. I also noticed how defenseman NEVER pinched, and just kept the puck in at the blueline when attacking. Man! the game has changed a ton!