Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panarin Critical of Putin in Russian Interview

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    he's already been "taken care of" by the FSB

Fatfran, you can start dancing
    oh I have no doubt that things have already been 'explained' to him, and to all of his family members too.

Banned Junior Division
    Athletes should just play

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I don't agree. Why can't an athlete have an opinion but any shlub with a twitter can have an opinion?

People always rag on athletes for canned answers until they give a legitimate answer and then they're ragged on for that too.
    GORTON 2020

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I don't agree. Why can't an athlete have an opinion but any shlub with a twitter can have an opinion?

People always rag on athletes for canned answers until they give a legitimate answer and then they're ragged on for that too.
    I think people should stay away from twitter, facebook all together, especially if you're any kind of celebrity. its nothing but trouble.

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    I think people should stay away from twitter, facebook all together, especially if you're any kind of celebrity. its nothing but trouble.
    I agree that athletes, like all others, have every right to publicly express their honest opinions on a wide range of topics including politics, religion, and the opposite sex. I also agree that doing so is fraught with peril for local stature and job security.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Too easy to spread wrong/bad ideas. People are too dumb to realize, or actually think for themselves. Maybe my expectations are too high, but I expect better from people.

And this isn’t taking political sides, or anyone is right or wrong, and I haven’t listened/thoroughly read the Panarin interviews, but I think we can all agree that this happens on all sides.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    no kidding - talk about hockey, yourself, or shut up and play. Nobody wants to hear what athletes think about politics, it just ruins sports in general which is supposed to be a diversion. Be a Trumper or Hillarian in private I don't care and I don't want to hear anything about it or their social agendas

I blame ESPN more than anything for veering political for controversy and ratings. They've done so much damage to the enjoyability of sports in general
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 07-26-2019 at 12:48 AM.

What does Adam Fox Say? Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    no kidding - talk about hockey, yourself, or shut up and play. Nobody wants to hear what athletes think about politics, it just ruins sports in general which is supposed to be a diversion. Be a Trumper or Hillarian in private I don't care and I don't want to hear anything about it or their social agendas

I blame ESPN more than anything for veering political for controversy and ratings. They've done so much damage to the enjoyability of sports in general
    This^

Sent from my LGL43AL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    MY TEAMS BREAK MY HEART

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post

That's all well and good, and very easy to say when you live in North America or Western Europe.
    It's a different story when you come from a corrupt, tyrannical dictatorship like Russia. The more people with influence who speak up against that regime the better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12