• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Panarin Critical of Putin in Russian Interview

Phil

Too easy to spread wrong/bad ideas. People are too dumb to realize, or actually think for themselves. Maybe my expectations are too high, but I expect better from people.

And this isn’t taking political sides, or anyone is right or wrong, and I haven’t listened/thoroughly read the Panarin interviews, but I think we can all agree that this happens on all sides.

Athletes should just play

no kidding - talk about hockey, yourself, or shut up and play. Nobody wants to hear what athletes think about politics, it just ruins sports in general which is supposed to be a diversion. Be a Trumper or Hillarian in private I don't care and I don't want to hear anything about it or their social agendas

I blame ESPN more than anything for veering political for controversy and ratings. They've done so much damage to the enjoyability of sports in general

no kidding - talk about hockey, yourself, or shut up and play. Nobody wants to hear what athletes think about politics, it just ruins sports in general which is supposed to be a diversion. Be a Trumper or Hillarian in private I don't care and I don't want to hear anything about it or their social agendas

I blame ESPN more than anything for veering political for controversy and ratings. They've done so much damage to the enjoyability of sports in general

This^

Sent from my LGL43AL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That's all well and good, and very easy to say when you live in North America or Western Europe.

It's a different story when you come from a corrupt, tyrannical dictatorship like Russia. The more people with influence who speak up against that regime the better.