• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers, Kakko Agree to Entry-Level Contract

Phil

I'm happy to announce that for the first time since my father passed away in 2012 our family owns season tickets. My brother and I got barstool seats with the counter in front of them for food/booze on the East Balcony, the side the Rangers shoot on twice, to keep the tradition alive in our family. I will definitely be at every preseason game and the home opener. Home opener should be a hell of a night. A lot of guys will be introduced to the Garden faithful for the first time in their careers. Looking forward to welcoming the new faces and the new era.
Congrats Loth! I'm jealous as hell. I live in FL so the only Rangers game I'll see is Nov. 13 or 14 vs. Tampa.

People are acting like we are a shoo-in for the Cup, did I miss something?

Not sure anybody is thinking parade but I completely agree tapping the brakes is probably a good call. So many players some are counting on haven't played a game at this level and I still think we have a ton of question marks like guys that showed very little last year or just not enough to be difference makers.

Did I say being excited wasn’t allowed? But a lot of people need to slow it down a bit, we haven’t even seen many of these kids play a preseason game

I'm just not sure what the issue is? Who's getting ahead of themselves? Who's claiming we're cup favorites?

It’s going to be extremely exciting to watch this team.

I think they’ll have stretches where they’re really good, and stretches where they suck. It’s probably going to be a lot of entertaining hockey, because I don’t expect them to be very good at keeping the puck out of their net. We’ll see loads of 6-4 games, I’d imagine many of them will be losses.

I think they can be competitive-ish (Carolina and Caps probably too good for them)in the Metro and mayyyybe push for a WC spot. But if they don’t it’s fine. The Rangers don’t have to make the playoffs this year. And that’s another reason why I expect this season to be enjoyable. They can afford to let these kids develop and find their feet in the league.

• Like 3

It?s going to be extremely exciting to watch this team.

I think they?ll have stretches where they?re really good, and stretches where they suck. It?s probably going to be a lot of entertaining hockey, because I don?t expect them to be very good at keeping the puck out of their net. We?ll see loads of 6-4 games, I?d imagine many of them will be losses.

I think they can be competitive-ish (Carolina and Caps probably too good for them)in the Metro and mayyyybe push for a WC spot. But if they don?t it?s fine. The Rangers don?t have to make the playoffs this year. And that?s another reason why I expect this season to be enjoyable. They can afford to let these kids develop and find their feet in the league.

101%. Exactly right.

How do you like the barstool seats? I've done them at Amerks games and always liked it, but that was kind of because we didn't give a shit about the game lol.

For me, they're the Gardens best kept secret. We kind of insisted on it with the season ticket rep (actually took quite a bit of hassling because at first there were "none available" and then when we freaked out at them about the non-refundable deposit they caved). Have to use the bathroom? Just hop out your seat. Want food/booze? Turn around. Leg room? Check. Elbow room? Check. A place to put your food and booze that's NOT delicately balancing it on your lap? Check.

We actually got the seats after the lottery but before the draft. We were expecting to see Kakko but never thought we'd see Panarin and Trouba's first games too.

I think they?ll have stretches where they?re really good, and stretches where they suck. It?s probably going to be a lot of entertaining hockey, because I don?t expect them to be very good at keeping the puck out of their net. We?ll see loads of 6-4 games, I?d imagine many of them will be losses.

I think they can be competitive-ish (Carolina and Caps probably too good for them)in the Metro and mayyyybe push for a WC spot. But if they don?t it?s fine. The Rangers don?t have to make the playoffs this year. And that?s another reason why I expect this season to be enjoyable. They can afford to let these kids develop and find their feet in the league.

DOING!!! Give that man a Cee-Gar! :slats:

While I think this team can surprise us and make the playoffs I also fully expect them to not be there. And I still think it’s alright to be excited and to expect a great season.

Nothing wrong with being enthusiastic about the direction this team is moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sabres, Buffalo: 2015-2019

im sure Lundqvist would be in net for these losses.