• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Phil's a Thrill: Yotes Tickets Soar After Kessel Trade

Phil

Hockey fans are well aware of the impact Phil Kessel can have on the ice and the Arizona Coyotes are quickly learning of the financial impact Phil the Thrill can have on a team off the ice.

According to statistics obtained by The Arizona Republic, Coyotes tickets sales have skyrocketed since the team acquired the talented winger from the Pittsburgh Penguins less than two weeks ago.

Total ticket sales are up 550 per cent, while season-ticket sales have increased 600 per cent compared to the same time one year ago. The team?s website and app traffic plus its social media engagement have also increased, per the report.

?It?s certainly satisfying and exciting to see us doing something as a franchise that we feel makes us a much more competitive team and puts us in a better position to win,? Coyotes president and CEO Ahron Cohen told reporter Richard Morin. ?The fact that other people in this market are seeing that, fans are seeing that, and they?re jumping on board. It?s good, positive momentum for this organization.?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-coyotes-ticket-sales-soar-phil-kessel-trade/

Will there be hope for t he yotes? Let's wait and see if their signings pan out since Phil's with his old friend Rick Tocchet

Sent from my LGL43AL using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

they weren't far off from being a playoff team last year and I think they are underrated. I think they can definitely be a playoff team this year for sure.

they weren't far off from being a playoff team last year and I think they are underrated. I think they can definitely be a playoff team this year for sure.

yea, and they were decimated by injuries last year too.

I'm not sure how much better Kessel makes them at 5v5, but they don't need a ton of improvement to get in.

Not sure how much of an improvement Kessel is? He's instant offense. Any team in the league would be lucky to have him.

To be fair, he said at five-on-five. Kessel is instant offense, but he really dines out on the PP. Lead PIT in PPP last year and tied them in PPG, too.