• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

BUF Trades Alex Nylander to CHI for Henri Jokiharju

Phil

What a fucking weird trade for CHI.

Jokiharu was a stud for them last season. I don't get it.

Was he? He played a lot of minutes but wasn't particularly productive or anything.

I still think it's weird, but the thinking, for Chi, has to be that they think Nylander has more upside....and that they can actually get it out of him. He has been brutal.

Was he? He played a lot of minutes but wasn't particularly productive or anything.

I still think it's weird, but the thinking, for Chi, has to be that they think Nylander has more upside....and that they can actually get it out of him. He has been brutal.

He played a ton of minutes early on. They eventually cut his minutes, scratched him, and sent him to the minors in January. Got one more game in February and only played 9 minutes. I wouldn't call him a stud by any means and I guess Chicago had seen enough.

After hitting big on getting Strome to play with DeBrincat, they may be doubling down on Kane unlocking Nylander.