Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pavel Buchnevich, Jacob Trouba File for Arbitration

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Trouba stepped up to 50 points because he got a lot more PP time due to Buff's injury, including 10 more PP assists than he had ever had before. He clamored for opportunity. He got more, he delivered more.

On that basis, I would weight last year a lot higher than his 21 yo season (81g, 21p) - regarding it as a strong positive trend rather than a possible anomaly. He is headed for more opportunity than he's ever seen before and is potentially a lynch pin of the team. Don't pay him like you're making an arbitration argument and don't believe in him. $7.5 with reachable performance incentives.
    7.5 should be where it's at. 7 is probably fair and he probably really wants 8. Cut it down the middle and lets move on.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    I think the deal would be done it the Ranger FO was willing to do 7.5. I don't think they are immediately willing to do that. Which is good.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I think he's a big upgrade based on the steaming pile of dung back there. I'm not sure he's a stud that we desperately want him to be. But it's all relative to who else is back there. Right or wrong I would think he lands in the middle @ 7.75M. Everybody seems to be within .5M of so of each other here.

** Dunny I hope your right and they can squeeze him down to 7M.
    Last edited by jsrangers; 07-07-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Does anyone know if they sign before the hearing if we still get the second buyout window?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

They’ve probably been asked to file and it’ll be the shortest arbitration meeting ever.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    He can be in the #2 D tier with McDonagh , OEL, Byfuglien, Vlasic
    OEL is a scary comparable. Actually his contract is a scary comparable. I'm real good with McD's contract for Trouba though.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm struggling to think of comparable players for Trouba. The $7.5+ mil per season seems kind of high to me based on his past performance. I was looking at a little more than a guy like Esa Lindell or Ristolainen. I imagined that he would come in closer to $7 mil a season when we first got him but I might end up being a mil off each year.
    I think he's a lot like Risto.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Trouba - 7/25
    Buchnevich - 7/29
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Yeah, they’ve probably been asked to file.
    Somebody’s getting bought out.
    Maybe. They have the option, but they'll likely explore trades (Namestnikov, Strome) beforehand. Strome, interestingly enough, can't actually be bought out in the second window. He makes under the required salary ($3.45 million), so he's ineligible.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I'm not down to get rid of Strome. He was good and he's not that expensive. He's a great stop gap center and can also play wing.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Maybe. They have the option, but they'll likely explore trades (Namestnikov, Strome) beforehand. Strome, interestingly enough, can't actually be bought out in the second window. He makes under the required salary ($3.45 million), so he's ineligible.
    I’m not really down with buying anyone out. Smith might as well be buried in Hartford and Shatty makes no sense at this point. I just can’t see why they’d let Trouba go to arbitration unless there’s a motive.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I'm not down to get rid of Strome. He was good and he's not that expensive. He's a great stop gap center and can also play wing.
    He's OK, but I agree he's a fine stopgap. Versatile enough for another year. The suggestion about him and a buyout wasn't performance-based as much as it was based on his age, which would allow for a cheaper buyout (1/3 versus 2/3).

I’m not really down with buying anyone out. Smith might as well be buried in Hartford and Shatty makes no sense at this point. I just can’t see why they’d let Trouba go to arbitration unless there’s a motive.
    They may not have a choice in the matter. Going into the next two years a lot will come off to give them the flexibility to do what they want, but in order to get under the cap this year, they may have to buy someone like Smith out in that second window.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    They may not have a choice in the matter. Going into the next two years a lot will come off to give them the flexibility to do what they want, but in order to get under the cap this year, they may have to buy someone like Smith out in that second window.
    t
    Admittedly I haven’t done the numbers, but surely keeping Smith and Beleskey in Hartford + one trade should do it? Assuming they’re not trying to keep all of Kreider/Names/Strome.
    Last edited by Gravesy; 07-10-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Moderator Junior Division
    t
    Admittedly I haven’t done the numbers, but surely keeping Smith and Beleskey in Hartford + one trade should do it? Assuming they’re not trying to keep all of Kreider/Names/Strome.
    If you figure $15m in contracts to RFAs...

Trouba - 7.5
    Buch - 3.5
    ADA - 2
    Lemieux - 2

Plus Kakko/Kravtsov - 2

You're ~9m over the cap. You get real close by trading Namest (4) AND Strome (3.1) and then burying Smith (1.1) and Beleskey (1.1). I think you have to add a buyout or another trade to really make it work, because bonuses to all the ELC guys would likely push you over.
    Last edited by Future; 07-10-2019 at 11:34 AM.

We need to find some degenerative disc disease recipients.

Or, Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

There's no shortage of bullshit conditions that could be used.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Gee Marc, is that a rash on your arm?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    After practice Shatty asks Marc how come there were so many puck marks on one side of his helmet.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Hank gets dandruff.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    We need to find some degenerative disc disease recipients.
    "Hossa is now allergic to his equipment" type shit.
    GORTON 2020

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast