Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pavel Buchnevich, Jacob Trouba File for Arbitration

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Gee Marc, is that a rash on your arm?
    Oh wait! Those freckles on my nuts are moving!!!

I lost it!!!

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    It seems like every day that passes with no news of trades or signings, the Rangers are going to have a more difficult time getting their cap space figured out. It just seems like teams are signing players every day and their cap space gets tighter and tighter. Meaning the options for the Rangers gets really limited to which teams they can make a deal with. Does anybody have a tidbit in the rumor mill? Just seems eerily quiet.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    wonder if they give him a one year deal with the understanding they lock him into 8 years after next years deadline.
    Acqua in bocca

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    When does the buyout period begin?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    When does the buyout period begin?
    I think it’s 3 days after the final arbitration case.

I think it starts right after the two players are signed, even if neither one goes to the hearing or not. It's a 48 hr window.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Mite Division tphilly5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    wonder if they give him a one year deal with the understanding they lock him into 8 years after next years deadline.
    Saw that on the Post. Trouble is he is then UFA. Maybe kicking the can down the road on Kreider also. I guess that is better than rushing into bad deals.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I would never in a million years give Buch an 8 year deal. The kid barely has a pulse and 7 out of 10 games he loses a friend or his dog. I've never seen anybody cry during a meaningless game like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    Saw that too.
    That’s an interesting gamble for Trouba. He’d get a raise on a 1 year deal this season, earn the possibility of an 8 year deal, and potentially earn about $15 million more with 9 years of paydays. But if he gets hurt or has a poor season, how much does that hurt him? It’s got its share of risk

The Rangers probably don’t let it get that far. Doubt they’d want to risk him going to UFA next summer. And I don’t know that they’d want to be into him for 9 years. They probably give him 7 years and in the $50 million neighborhood before the hearing

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    I would never in a million years give Buch an 8 year deal. The kid barely has a pulse and 7 out of 10 games he loses a friend or his dog. I've never seen anybody cry during a meaningless game like he did.
    Dont think there’s a person on this planet thats talking about giving buch 8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Dont think there’s a person on this planet thats talking about giving buch 8 years.

His agent is lol.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    1.5m X 8y
    Sure!

Gotta get buchnevich on a 1 year deal. Arbitration will be great.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

I'd give Buchnevich a 6 yr/24-27M contract. I'm much more confident about his long term outlook than I was in a guy like Brady Skjei last summer. Buchnevich is trending upwards and Skjei had regressed. I see a solid 25 goal 2nd liner for many years to be honest, and locking that up at 4-4.5M a year is going to be a good thing. Not only is it beneficial for the Rangers, it will be a tradeable contract if needed also.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I'd give Buchnevich a 6 yr/24-27M contract. I'm much more confident about his long term outlook than I was in a guy like Brady Skjei last summer. Buchnevich is trending upwards and Skjei had regressed. I see a solid 25 goal 2nd liner for many years to be honest, and locking that up at 4-4.5M a year is going to be a good thing. Not only is it beneficial for the Rangers, it will be a tradeable contract if needed also.
    Panarin
    Kravstov
    Kappo
    Kreider

If Kreider is around, Buch eventually ends up on 3rd line

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    With Panarin, Kakko and Kravtsov, Buch is essentially worthless to this team. Hence the 1 year deal for him to show otherwise . And that’s before mentioning the extreme inconsistencies and shortcomings of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Panarin
    Kravstov
    Kappo
    Kreider

If Kreider is around, Buch eventually ends up on 3rd line

By the looks of things, I don't think Kreider will be around. Kreider at 6.5 versus Buchnevich at 4-4.5 is actually a tough call. I probably lean Buchnevich in all honesty since he hasn't peaked and his production at 23 isn't even that far off of Kreider's at 28.
    Last edited by rmc51; 07-14-2019 at 11:32 PM.

With Panarin, Kakko and Kravtsov, Buch is essentially worthless to this team. Hence the 1 year deal for him to show otherwise . And that’s before mentioning the extreme inconsistencies and shortcomings of his game.
    Well there's 4 wings in the top 6 and you listed 3. I'd say getting an affordable option that can pot 25 goals on the 2nd line would be ideal.

2nd year of a rebuild and you want to lock down 4 guys that haven’t shown anything wearing Rangers jerseys?

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Maybe I'm off here, but can't Buch play both wings? I'm sure there's a stat I'm missing that shows he's stronger on the right if this is your assertion.

As an aside, Kakko is listed as an RW, but had his most productive games as a LW if my memory serves.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Maybe I'm off here, but can't Buch play both wings? I'm sure there's a stat I'm missing that shows he's stronger on the right if this is your assertion.

As an aside, Kakko is listed as an RW, but had his most productive games as a LW if my memory serves.
    Quinn tried him on the left and it was a disaster.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...ing-1.21873417

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast