• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Which Rangers Player Will Show the Most Improvement in 2019-20?

Which Ranger player will show the most improvement in 2019-2020?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ranger player will show the most improvement in 2019-2020?

• Brady Skjei
    • Tony DeAngelo
    • Pavel Buchnevich
    • Brett Howden
    • Filip Chytil
    • Lias Andersson
    • Brendan Lemieux

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple: Brady Skjei.

He was HORRIBLE last year. Next year, he's one more year beyond the massive contract, which Quinn said put pressure on him. He's no longer expected to be a #1D, which put pressure on him. He's a year further into his development. The Rangers are no longer dog shit.

Brady Skjei should be much much better next year. And if he's not, it's a big problem.

Hopefully Chytil. He needs to start moving from talented youngster to a certain degree of NHL production in his third year.

Have a sneaky feeling Buch might have a big year though.

Hard to say it's his "third year." He has 84 career NHL games.

Hard to say it's his "third year." He has 84 career NHL games.

Fair. But I just hope he sticks a bit this year. You can see the talent is there, it just needs to be put together.

I really, really hope he can make that 2c spot his own this season.

But he’s young and it’s not a disaster if he needs more time.

Anybody else think there's a 50/50 chance ADA is moved?
Yes.

Went with Chytil..especially if he is 2C
Yes.

Hopefully Chytil. He needs to start moving from talented youngster to a certain degree of NHL production in his third year.

Have a sneaky feeling Buch might have a big year though.

Yes.

Simple: Brady Skjei.

He was HORRIBLE last year. Next year he's one more year beyond the massive contract which Quinn said put pressure on him. He's no longer expected to be a #1D, which put pressure on him. He's a year further into his development. The Rangers are no longer dog shit.

Brady Skjei should be much much better next year. And if he's not, it's a big problem.

This is so on point, I totally forgot how awful he looked last season. +1, 31.

Every player has at least 1 vote. I like how a pretty strong case can be made for any of them. I went with Buchnevich. I expected it last year, but for whatever reason it didn't work out until the latter portion of the season. I still see big things there.

Honarable mentions for me are Andersson and Chytil. I personally think Andersson has the makings of a very good player, and his value is very low with the fanbase. If he put up 35-40 points he will probably win this category.

I'm sticking with Howden playing well enough to warrant the 2C spot. The pitch on Skjei is excellent as well.

You think he has that type of ceiling? I'd like for him to just be a disciplined, two-way, forward that can anchor a 4th line and maybe slot up to the 3rd occasionally. I just don't see the talent level being high enough to warrant 2c for a prolonged time with him.

Lias ,second line center is there waiting for you
He'd currently be my 4th choice there after Chytil, Strome, and Names.

Hard to say it's there waiting for him.

Becoming and NHL regular would be a massive step forward.

You think he has that type of ceiling? I'd like for him to just be a disciplined, two-way, forward that can anchor a 4th line and maybe slot up to the 3rd occasionally. I just don't see the talent level being high enough to warrant 2c for a prolonged time with him.
I do think Howden has the creativity and playmaking ability. We saw glimpes of it in his rookie year. Hopefully he'll add the consistency to his game needed for a 2C role. It will definitely help his game having some talent on his wings which will help his confidence to get to the next level. It's just one of a myriad of reasons I can't wait to see this team play.

I do think Howden has the creativity and playmaking ability. We saw glimpes of it in his rookie year. Hopefully he'll add the consistency to his game needed for a 2C role. It will definitely help his game having some talent on his wings which will help his confidence to get to the next level. It's just one of a myriad of reasons I can't wait to see this team play.

Howden absolutely has 2nd line potential. I think he got a bit comfortable last season and let up. He wasn't as noticable as he was to start the year. I don't know if it was a nagging injury or something, but he was head and shoulders the 2nd best center option they had next to Hayes.

I voted Chytil, but I'm actually going to go with Strome. I think if he gets a chance at big minutes he can fulfill that potential he's always had. The guy looked really good when he got ice here. He's definitely more than a 4th liner. Very aggressive play and had kind of an edge to his game. I think that should be more along the lines of what Quinn is looking to have out there if Chytils skill doesn't mesh right away.