Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Anyone Concerned About the Lack of Center Depth?

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I think we’re going to see a whole bunch of different line combinations this season. But with the additions of McKegg, Panarin, Kakko, and Kravtsov Plus Trouba and Fox, it should be a bit more exciting.
    McKegg, really? Lol

Agree tho, the lines will change a lot this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    No one would know who Kunitz is without Crosby.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Ryan Whitney would.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    McKegg, really? Lol

ha agreed. Holy crap I knew nothing about McKegg assuming he was a young up and coming kid. Jokes on me, he'll hopefully lead Hartford to a respectable season. Find a kid any kid to get the NHL mins.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    McKegg, really? Lol

lol! Should have snuck him in there later
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    In the last 10 seasons, there have been 65 players to hit 40 points in their rookie seasons.
    Averaging 6.5 per season, to expect 2 to hit that might be overestimating, or having unrealistic expectations.

Of those 65 players to hit 40 in their rookie season in the past 10 seasons, the Rangers have had 2. Name them.
    For a bonus point, name the Ranger that hit 39 points in his rookie season.
    Stepan and Skjei? Delzotto?

Quote Originally Posted by tphilly5 View Post
    We sign a player for 11.6m per and people want to put him on a second line to help Chytl develop. That is not how anyone in the NHL would do it.
    The Rangers are rebuilding. I don't think it's wise to put a bunch of rookies or inexperienced players on the 2nd line. They are going to make mistakes. Lots of them. Not sure Quinn will put up with that for very long, nor does that help their development.

Zib already has outstanding chemistry with Kreider and Buch. They can produce. That should be a set line. Gotta build another line. That line is going to have to consist of atleast one rookie and one sophomore year player. I'd rather not split up a unit that works, and throw all the proven point producing talent on one line and have such uncertainty on the other scoring line.

I GUESS Kreider could ride shotgun for the kids, and open up the ice for them. I'd just rather see the talent spread out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    How many of the #2 picks in the last 6 or 7 years were “instant game breakers”? The answer is basically only Laine fits that description.
    It’s not impossible that Kakko dominates from the get go, but people should pump the brakes a bit. A 50 point season would be a very good start.

Kakko is a special player. He might still need time, just like Barkov, Eichel and the others. To be fair, if he ends up on a line with Zib and Panarin I do expect him to put up a fair amount of points.
    That's a strange cut off. Because there's a a bunch in the last 10 years.

Svechnikov
    Laine
    Eichel
    Landeskog
    Hedman

Add in Barkov and Seguin who had solid sophomore years and are now big time players..
    Last edited by The Dude; 07-04-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Well if what those guys did in their rookie seasons is what you’re looking for, then sure.
    It’s a bit unusual calling 40-50 point players “game breakers”. Imo only Laine with his 36 goals fit that description in his rookie year. But I guess we’re in agreement because I said we should be happy with a 50 point season, which is significantly better than Svechnikov, Barkov and in line with Eichel, Landeskog etc.
    Last edited by Gravesy; 07-04-2019 at 03:58 AM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Ryan Whitney would.
    Always liked Whitney

Shame that the issues with ankles and feet killed the higher end of his ability and ultimately ended his career.

Third line center who would love to come here and would sign a 1 year deal at $2m: Derek Brassard. He might just step up his game here.

No point bringing in Brassard, or anyone else, to fill the 3c role. Plenty of players already on the roster capable of doing that job.

Regarding the center positions with Chytil, Howden and Anderson. Now that they got their rookie seasons out of the way and will probably see guys younger then them on the roster, IMO, all three will see a major step up in their games. They should all be bigger, stronger and faster. Hopefully Chytil will not look like a lost puppy out there this year. Howden will be the one player that will show the most improvement and should showcase his play making ability on a more consistent basis. We saw glimpses of it last season making Zuccish passes and using his hockey iq to be creative. I also liked the fact that Chytil made attempts at his follow up checking towards the end of the season compared to hardly any the first 60 games. So pumped to watch this roster play next season.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234