• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So, Who Gets the Captaincy?

Ozzy

Your guess is as good as mine with this one! As you guys know, last year we I think 5 assistant captains. This team will most likely be naming a guy to wear the "C" this year and going forward.

Question is: Who do we think should get it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I question Kreider's leadership. He's about as reliable as a rain dance. I'd like to see Trouba take on that role. I don't think he'll get it since he's the new guy, but I think he has that "Captain" quality.

I question Kreider's leadership. He's about as reliable as a rain dance. I'd like to see Trouba take on that role. I don't think he'll get it since he's the new guy, but I think he has that "Captain" quality.

I think Kreider is probably a better leader behind the scenes than people realize, but I don't think he's got the personality of a captain.

Why do you say that about Trouba?

No idea. This is one of those rare areas of the game we have near-zero insight into. The vast majority of what makes a great leader goes unseen before fans, so I tend to just defer to the coaching staff on these types of decisions and accept whatever they determine.

If I had to venture a guess? Staal or Zibanejad.

At some point I listened to Maloney shoot down the idea that Kreider would either be named captain or be a good captain because he's too intellectual/cerebral for the dressing room gestalt.

For me, it's Zib all the way.

To be fair, I don't think Maloney is a good qualifier of what would count as "too cerebral" lol

But yea, that's what I mean by I don't think Kreider has the right personality to be a good C.