• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So, Who Gets the Captaincy?

Ozzy

To be fair, I don't think Maloney is a good qualifier of what would count as "too cerebral" lol

But yea, that's what I mean by I don't think Kreider has the right personality to be a good C.

Fair enough. It was in the context of Kreider having said something that had completely eluded him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kreider is probably a better leader behind the scenes than people realize, but I don't think he's got the personality of a captain.

Why do you say that about Trouba?

When I listened to him in his interview I just get the gut feeling that he's pretty good with the press and also well liked by his teammates. He's young but has a decent amount of experience. He also seems to have a no nonsense approach to the game. Add in a seemingly calm, cool attitude. I've only heard a couple of interviews but I guess to me, Future it just feels like he could be a pretty good candidate:

No idea. This is one of those rare areas of the game we have near-zero insight into. The vast majority of what makes a great leader goes unseen before fans, so I tend to just defer to the coaching staff on these types of decisions and accept whatever they determine.

If I had to venture a guess? Staal or Zibanejad.

I agree Phil, it's really a behind the scenes kind of thing we never really get to hear or see until after that fact. I think if they were going to have Staal, it would've happened already. I don't know about Zibanejad...I don't get that "leader" feel from him. Good player, absolutely! Captain??? ....eh...I dunno!

No Zibanejad. The Rangers are sad enough. I dont need this guy giving interviews like his dog just fucking died after every game.

wait it out, let a leader rise naturally

Killin' me man!!! :rofl:

I don’t know if Zib is the right guy to wear the C. He isn’t really one of the guys the media goes to for long answers. I would have to say Staal would be a good candidate for the captain. He has the locker room presence and is a media guy. Kreider is also a media guy, but I don’t know how he is in the dressing room.

Staal would be a good captain, I think, but we're probably two years too late for that. Unless they see him as a guy they are going to keep around as a veteran leader for a few years - which I doubt - it doesn't make sense to give it to him.

No Zibanejad. The Rangers are sad enough. I dont need this guy giving interviews like his dog just fucking died after every game.

wait it out, let a leader rise naturally

Wait, you mean they're supposed to be happy after all the losing?

Gimme a break. That comes with winning. I don't want guys bright eyed and bushy tailed when they lose 8-4 to Ottawa.

And aside from that, you think everyone is depressed so you're really not a barometer.

I had Staal Zib and Fast and Fast stands out to me

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Fast? Fast doesn't effect the game on the ice enough. He doesn't really do anything. I know he's the nice guy award winner every year or whatever but I don't think he's going to be here after this season.

Fast? Fast doesn't effect the game on the ice enough. He doesn't really do anything. I know he's the nice guy award winner every year or whatever but I don't think he's going to be here after this season.
I'd disagree to an extent I think his work ethic, commitment, and willingness to play any role supports the team mentality. You dont need high end players as captain, remember last year when he was moved up, he was scoring. Hes versatile and one of the hardest workers. Yet I agree its possible this is the last year

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk