• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MTL Sign Sebastian Aho to 5-Year Offer Sheet Worth $8.454M Per Season; CAR Matches

Phil

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t understand how the exchange of draft picks work in each scenario.

Car has a player. The habs make that RFA an offer and he agrees.

Car has 7 days to either agree or let him walk. I get that. And I understand that the rounds of each draft pick is dependent upon the terms of the contract.

What I don’t get is what picks are involved and who gets what in either case here? Who gets what if Carolina didn’t match? Who gets what if they do?

I don?t understand how the exchange of draft picks work in each scenario.

Car has a player. The habs make that RFA an offer and he agrees.

Car has 7 days to either agree or let him walk. I get that. And I understand that the rounds of each draft pick is dependent upon the terms of the contract.

What I don?t get is what picks are involved and who gets what in either case here? Who gets what if Carolina didn?t match? Who gets what if they do?

CAR gets a 1st, 2nd and 3rd if they dont match (and lose the player). If they match then no picks are exchanged and Aho is signed.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

Next move. Rangers trade for Aho's rights and match the offer...

That's what I'd do. It will cost you probably Chytil, Kreider and a pick, but I'd pull the trigger on that.

Doubt Carolina would have any appetite for it though.

That's what I'd do. It will cost you probably Chytil, Kreider and a pick, but I'd pull the trigger on that.

Doubt Carolina would have any appetite for it though.

I actually don't think that's an option. Couldn't find a definitive answer, but I don't think Carolina can trade his rights in the 7 day window. I think their only option is sign him or take MTL's picks.

Laughable move by Bergevin.

If they were serious about this they should have put in an offer that would actually push the Canes into uncomfortable waters.

Every man and his dog knew the Canes would match this all day long.

I'm a bit disappointed Waddell didn't sit on this for the full 7 days just to stir the pot.

Laughable move by Bergevin.

If they were serious about this they should have put in an offer that would actually push the Canes into uncomfortable waters.

Every man and his dog knew the Canes would match this all day long.

I'm a bit disappointed Waddell didn't sit on this for the full 7 days just to stir the pot.

i find that shocking as well. he was a bit salty in the presser yesterday. even cracked a joke about montreal making his summer easier as he didn't have to worry about negotiating this contract.

i find that shocking as well. he was a bit salty in the presser yesterday. even cracked a joke about montreal making his summer easier as he didn't have to worry about negotiating this contract.

Let's see if he's still laughing when he loses Aho at 26 to UFA.