Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLA Signs Sergei Bobrovsky to 7-Year/$70M Deal; $10M AAV

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

FLA Signs Sergei Bobrovsky to 7-Year/$70M Deal; $10M AAV

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Member Mite Division Worle Ranger's Avatar
    Ouch.

How long are the gonna keep Knight in the A?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned Junior Division
    crazy

Senior Member Midget Division
    Signing a 30 year old goalie for 7 years/10m? Damn...

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    They're gonna hate this in 3 years.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    This is, by far, the dumbest signing of the year. It was always going to be the dumbest signing of the year, but this is even dumber than I expected.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    This is, by far, the dumbest signing of the year. It was always going to be the dumbest signing of the year, but this is even dumber than I expected.
    goes to show that small market shitty teams must hugely overpay to get talent.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    goes to show that small market shitty teams must hugely overpay to get talent.
    Didn't even really hear his name linked with other teams though. Seems like they kind of bid against themselves here.

Alot of $ for this guy I just don't see it.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Easily the worst contract given out today. This one's gonna become a noose in like four years.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

I take Panarin for 1.45m more

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Easily the worst contract given out today. This one's gonna become a noose in like four years.
    This, and it’s even worse considering they spent a 12th oa pick on a goaltender with plenty of talent on the board. Knight should be ready in 3-4 years and good luck getting rid of a 34 year old Bob on 10m a year.
    Ridiculous decision.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

FLA Signs Sergei Bobrovsky to 7-Year/$70M Deal; $10M AAV

I thought the thread title was a typo

Moderator Junior Division
    I bet FLA is rolling the dice that there's an amnesty buyout coming.

Senior Member Junior Division
    people are knocking this trade but I think this is a good one for them. Too much term? sure

but the one thing this team was missing was reliable goaltending. They can light the lamp with any team but couldn't get the goaltending they needed. They overpaid but I think having a solid starter makes them a playoff team right now.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    people are knocking this trade but I think this is a good one for them. Too much term? sure

but the one thing this team was missing was reliable goaltending. They can light the lamp with any team but couldn't get the goaltending they needed. They overpaid but I think having a solid starter makes them a playoff team right now.
    I agree in that Bob should make them a playoff team - they were near the bottom in sv% last year - but they're not really an offensive juggernaut, they were only 9th in scoring. 22 times last year they gave up at least 5 goals. It's hard to imagine that goaltending alone is to blame for that. When the Rangers beat them 5-2 in October, it wasn't really the goalie's fault...idk what you would put on poor goaltending? Maybe the wraparound?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GtEWlZY3bw

Florida is weird. They don't play up to their potential as a team, and the goalies take too much of the blame for it I think.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I agree in that Bob should make them a playoff team - they were near the bottom in sv% last year - but they're not really an offensive juggernaut, they were only 9th in scoring. 22 times last year they gave up at least 5 goals. It's hard to imagine that goaltending alone is to blame for that. When the Rangers beat them 5-2 in October, it wasn't really the goalie's fault...idk what you would put on poor goaltending? Maybe the wraparound?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GtEWlZY3bw

Florida is weird. They don't play up to their potential as a team, and the goalies take too much of the blame for it I think.
    Weren't they also a top PP team?

Either way, keeping the puck out of the net was a bigger problem than putting it in, and team D might be a problem but their goalies were also bad. Why can't this all be true?

Also the team confidence dynamic changes when you've got a capable goalie to rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Weren't they also a top PP team?

Either way, keeping the puck out of the net was a bigger problem than putting it in, and team D might be a problem but their goalies were also bad. Why can't this all be true?

Also the team confidence dynamic changes when you've got a capable goalie to rely on.
    this is definitely true and the point I was getting to. I don't think this makes them a cup winner overnight but every team needs a goalie that can make a big save for them when they need it. Florida hasn't had that. Having a goalie you can rely on makes things a lot easier for that D corps. I don't think their D is elite by any stretch, but they aren't terrible and Stralman helps them too

also idk why i said trade in my initial post, whoops

Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post

I don’t think anyone disagrees this signing immediately makes them far likelier to get in the playoffs.
    The problem here is the combination of money and term. He’ll be virtually impossible to get rid of, something they’re obviously going to want to do in 3-4 years unless Knight is a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    I don’t think anyone disagrees this signing immediately makes them far likelier to get in the playoffs.
    The problem here is the combination of money and term. He’ll be virtually impossible to get rid of, something they’re obviously going to want to do in 3-4 years unless Knight is a bust.
    maybe they would've been better off making a trade with us for Georgiev!

It's not that I disagree with that point, but it's UFA and this is kind of what you have to do. Knight is no guarantee and this is a bridge they can cross when they get there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast