• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MIN Signs Mats Zuccarello to 5-Year, $30M Deal; $6M AAV

Phil

• 1 year later...
The Wild are always desperate to bring in any offensive talent whatsoever, and they feel they need to massively overpay to do so. A big bullet dodged by the Rangers. It was one of those things where sentimentailty needed to be put aside by the organization and the fans. We appreciate what he did there, but they moved on at the perfect time.

The Wild are always desperate to bring in any offensive talent whatsoever, and they feel they need to massively overpay to do so. A big bullet dodged by the Rangers. It was one of those things where sentimentailty needed to be put aside by the organization and the fans. We appreciate what he did there, but they moved on at the perfect time.

When they released that letter a couple years back my first thought was "zucc is getting traded."

Far too often are we on the wrong side of these kinds of deals. It was the perfect time to move on.

When they released that letter a couple years back my first thought was "zucc is getting traded."

Far too often are we on the wrong side of these kinds of deals. It was the perfect time to move on.

I wouldn't have been "pissed" if they didn't move on, but it was the right move to do so. I don't think it was the perfect time though. They didn't get enough for him, and I have to wonder if they traded him sooner if they would have gotten more. He was horrendous the first half of the year he got traded. He turned it on before the trade deadline, but it was too little too late to make him sought after.

Rangers have been right (recently) on cutting the cord on many of the 2010’s favorites. Can’t think of the last one they let loose which they shouldn’t have...

Stralman (walking) was probably one of the worst moves I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

JT Miller. The only move that really made no sense from a let’s get younger talent perspective.

I wouldn't have been "pissed" if they didn't move on, but it was the right move to do so. I don't think it was the perfect time though. They didn't get enough for him, and I have to wonder if they traded him sooner if they would have gotten more. He was horrendous the first half of the year he got traded. He turned it on before the trade deadline, but it was too little too late to make him sought after.

True but that's pretty standard to trade a guy in the last year of his deal. They couldn't have known he would completely fall apart mentally when trade rumors came to light.

JT Miller. The only move that really made no sense from a let’s get younger talent perspective.

To be fair to the rangers he didn't "figure it out" until he was 27 years old and wasn't very good in tampa even with a much more skilled team. Something clicked in Vancouver. who knows if that would have ever happened here.

To be fair to the rangers he didn't "figure it out" until he was 27 years old and wasn't very good in tampa even with a much more skilled team. Something clicked in Vancouver. who knows if that would have ever happened here.

I actually didn’t think he was too bad in Tampa. It was a numbers game with him mostly with Tampa. His first end of season after the trade there he was fantastic. One of the best on their roster. Hitting, ppg production, energy. Second one not as much but it still wasn’t end of the world bad.

I just thought the trade made no sense. At 23 he had almost 60 points with us so it wasn’t a surprise to many that he eventually flourished in the NHL. Just an utter fleecing by Yzerman. Oh well. It is what it is.

I actually didn’t think he was too bad in Tampa. It was a numbers game with him mostly with Tampa. His first end of season after the trade there he was fantastic. One of the best on their roster. Hitting, ppg production, energy. Second one not as much but it still wasn’t end of the world bad.

I just thought the trade made no sense. At 23 he had almost 60 points with us so it wasn’t a surprise to many that he eventually flourished in the NHL. Just an utter fleecing by Yzerman. Oh well. It is what it is.

I think it's more an issue of the Rangers getting dick in return than moving the player.

I think it's more an issue of the Rangers getting dick in return than moving the player.

Yeah, it was a horrible trade for the guys we gave up. Really have to hope the pick that turned into Lundkvist eventually becomes a “How we ended up with Nik Lindstrom” lol.

Should have called their bluff and held out until they caved and offered Sergachev