Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 171

Thread: Rangers Sign Artemi Panarin to 7-Year/$81.5 Deal; $11.642M AAV

  1. #41
    Senior Member Mite Division tphilly5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    1
    See what we get back when Kreider is moved. Panarin is one of top guys and he obviously wanted to be here all along. Seeing some of these other salaries makes me think Panarin at 11.6 is not too bad. The short term and long term future is a heck of a lot better after this offseason.

  2. #42
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,641
    Rep Power
    88
    As with most big deals given out on July 1st, the back end of this deal is not going to look good, but you take a stab at the superstar on the market and if you end up getting him, you consider that a major fucking win.
    Trouba, Kakko, Panarin, Shesty (can't spell his name yet), and JD in one offseason is amazing. Absolutely amazing.
    Let's fucking GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LGR!

  3. #43
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    10,456
    Rep Power
    104
    NYI.........Can never close a deal on a marquee player.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    1,699
    Rep Power
    35
    I really think some guys would rather see Panarin fail just so they could be right on a message board

  5. #45
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,788
    Rep Power
    86
    The bread man is here. I like this deal, and hoping he can help the young guys acclimate to playing here in the league. I wonder what number he takes now since 9 is retired.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    717
    Rep Power
    9
    Awesome so when guys like Kakko, Kravtsov, Chytil enter the primes of their career Panarin will be sitting there making nearly 12mil and packing up to move to the KHL

  7. #47
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,788
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by tphilly5 View Post
    See what we get back when Kreider is moved. Panarin is one of top guys and he obviously wanted to be here all along. Seeing some of these other salaries makes me think Panarin at 11.6 is not too bad. The short term and long term future is a heck of a lot better after this offseason.
    If they can sign CK to a cap friendly deal and keep him, the Rangers will be a good tough team to play.

  8. #48
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,382
    Rep Power
    149
    Didn’t want this contract but hope he proves me wrong.
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  9. #49
    Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    As with most big deals given out on July 1st, the back end of this deal is not going to look good, but you take a stab at the superstar on the market and if you end up getting him, you consider that a major fucking win.
    Trouba, Kakko, Panarin, Shesty (can't spell his name yet), and JD in one offseason is amazing. Absolutely amazing.
    Let's fucking GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't forget getting Fox too!

  10. #50
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Power
    76
    It really is amazing. Instead of using cap space on players like JT Miller and Kevin Hayes, there was able to use the space to sign a premier player in the league. Not enough can be said about the decisions Gorton has made throughout this entire process that started a couple years ago. Imagine having McDonagh, Hayes, and Miller contracts instead of Panarin and soon to be Trouba. That is such a drastic shift in talent. Nothing against McDonagh who I loved.

  11. #51
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    549
    Rep Power
    9
    11.6 is fair for market. He’s one of the most talented and productive offensive players in the league. And supposedly he left money on the table. Obviously the back end of the deal, mostly the last 2 seasons of it, are a concern. But the first 4, and probably 5 seasons of the deal, should be excellent. I’d be disappointed if they didn’t get 400 really excellent NHL regular season games wherein he’s a top offensive producer.

    The guy is elite. He was going to get paid like it by someone.

  12. #52
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,929
    Rep Power
    162
    Hard to say around the last 4 or 5 seasons, tbqh. New TV deal coming, CBA renegotiations; this is a deal that the Rangers make knowing full well that the parameters will almost assuredly change in 2021.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  13. #53
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    66
    No brainer at that cost.
    Gorton is a god at this point.

  14. #54
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,641
    Rep Power
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Don't forget getting Fox too!
    jfc. yep!
    LGR!

  15. #55
    Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    11.6 is fair for market. He’s one of the most talented and productive offensive players in the league. And supposedly he left money on the table. Obviously the back end of the deal, mostly the last 2 seasons of it, are a concern. But the first 4, and probably 5 seasons of the deal, should be excellent. I’d be disappointed if they didn’t get 400 really excellent NHL regular season games wherein he’s a top offensive producer.

    The guy is elite. He was going to get paid like it by someone.
    I think you worry about those last 2-3 years when it comes. You still signed one of the better offensive players in the league, and most of those years he will be in his prime.

  16. #56
    Senior Member Mite Division tphilly5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    1
    Now we need to park him next to Mika to get max return. The other wing on that line would not be a bad place to be.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,599
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Didn’t want this contract but hope he proves me wrong.
    Agreed.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    16
    It'll be interesting to see where Anders Lee winds up, and how much gets. I think he gets $9 million easily.

  19. #59
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,440
    Rep Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    If they can sign CK to a cap friendly deal and keep him, the Rangers will be a good tough team to play.
    as much as I'd like to be able to keep Kreider, given the cap situation now I don't think it's possible
    __________________________________

  20. #60
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,599
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by tphilly5 View Post
    Now we need to park him next to Mika to get max return. The other wing on that line would not be a bad place to be.
    Hopefully he has the same chemistry that Mika and kreider had.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •