• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Artemi Panarin to 7-Year/$81.5 Deal; $11.642M AAV

How are you getting the cap space for that trade. They have to shed some 4-5m now don?t they?
They are currently at 8.7 in cap soace. Kreider for Nylander drops that to 6.4ish, but that's still without addressing Strome, Names, Smith, Beleskey, and Shattenkirk.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or signing Trouba, Buchnevich, Lemieux, or DeAngelo.
Ok...

6.4 + 4 (Names) + 3.1 (Strome) + 2 (Bury Beleskey and Smith) is 15 million.

8 for Trouba. Split up 6 for the other 3.

Leaves you 1 million in breathing room and Shattenkirk is still there. And for even more room you can buy Smith out instead of burying him.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Haven't you talked about more Brassard for Zibanejad type deals? That's exactly what Kreider for Nylander would equate to.

Yup, but I don?t put Nylander in the ?change of scenery? boat, per se. plus, the biggest difference in comparing the two trades - contracts.

I think you worry about those last 2-3 years when it comes. You still signed one of the better offensive players in the league, and most of those years he will be in his prime.

Yes

Totally agree with that. You cross that bridge when you come to it