• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Artemi Panarin to 7-Year/$81.5 Deal; $11.642M AAV

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't hate it but don't love it. Obviously very talented but that is a big contract even if he "left money on the table". We have been down this road before. Even Shatty looked like a steal of a signing because he wanted to be here and obviously we now how that has turned out. Honestly I was a bigger fan of the trades and all the drafts picks we acquired and who we drafted. Next ears cap is gonna be a issue but I guess after that we unload a lot of dead weight

See what we get back when Kreider is moved. Panarin is one of top guys and he obviously wanted to be here all along. Seeing some of these other salaries makes me think Panarin at 11.6 is not too bad. The short term and long term future is a heck of a lot better after this offseason.

As with most big deals given out on July 1st, the back end of this deal is not going to look good, but you take a stab at the superstar on the market and if you end up getting him, you consider that a major fucking win.

Trouba, Kakko, Panarin, Shesty (can't spell his name yet), and JD in one offseason is amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Let's fucking GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See what we get back when Kreider is moved. Panarin is one of top guys and he obviously wanted to be here all along. Seeing some of these other salaries makes me think Panarin at 11.6 is not too bad. The short term and long term future is a heck of a lot better after this offseason.

If they can sign CK to a cap friendly deal and keep him, the Rangers will be a good tough team to play.

As with most big deals given out on July 1st, the back end of this deal is not going to look good, but you take a stab at the superstar on the market and if you end up getting him, you consider that a major fucking win.

Trouba, Kakko, Panarin, Shesty (can't spell his name yet), and JD in one offseason is amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Let's fucking GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget getting Fox too!

It really is amazing. Instead of using cap space on players like JT Miller and Kevin Hayes, there was able to use the space to sign a premier player in the league. Not enough can be said about the decisions Gorton has made throughout this entire process that started a couple years ago. Imagine having McDonagh, Hayes, and Miller contracts instead of Panarin and soon to be Trouba. That is such a drastic shift in talent. Nothing against McDonagh who I loved.