• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Artemi Panarin to 7-Year/$81.5 Deal; $11.642M AAV

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your annoying history teacher here again. Bill Fairbairn wore #10 and played RW on the "Bulldog" line with Walter Tkaczuk for 7.5 seasons and scored 138 goals for the Rangers. Was a key part of the early 70s contenders. Part of a fine tradition.

...those were the days, RG!!! I remember being 5 years old and watching him score a shit load...I think he scored over 20 a few times...hit 30 once too! The guy WAS a bulldog!

...those were the days, RG!!! I remember being 5 years old and watching him score a shit load...I think he scored over 20 a few times...hit 30 once too! The guy WAS a bulldog!

It was an awesome 2-way line. They could check and they could score. He and Tkaczuk were the PK. They used to rag the puck (mostly with Park) in a way that drove the other team crazy.

It was an awesome 2-way line. They could check and they could score. He and Tkaczuk were the PK. They used to rag the puck (mostly with Park) in a way that drove the other team crazy.

Tkaczuk was the key. He was known as "The Human Trypod." That strong on his skates. Fairbairn had a great rookie year. The league catching on to his favorite move along the boards and mononucleosis slowed him down a bit after that. The Bulldog line would have lasted longer, but Dave Balon had leukemia and didn't know it. Had to retire and eventually died from it.

In his second season, Tkaczuk finished 5th in the league in scoring and looked like he was going to have an HOF career. Excellent player, but it didn't work out that way.

• Like 1

Artemi Panarin did not have to imagine what he might look like in a New York Rangers uniform.

His likeness in Rangers blue adorned the giant video screens at Madison Square Garden with the message “Welcome Artemi” a full four days before he signed with the team.

“There was a moment where I just sat down for 10 minutes and really thought about it,” Panarin said, “and my heart told me that New York would be the better place for me.”

https://apnews.com/669d8d303d7a4e09afc7ba2eaced7829

• 8 months later...
Tkaczuk was the key. He was known as "The Human Trypod." That strong on his skates. Fairbairn had a great rookie year. The league catching on to his favorite move along the boards and mononucleosis slowed him down a bit after that. The Bulldog line would have lasted longer, but Dave Balon had leukemia and didn't know it. Had to retire and eventually died from it.

In his second season, Tkaczuk finished 5th in the league in scoring and looked like he was going to have an HOF career. Excellent player, but it didn't work out that way.

I was at the game he took a puck in the eye, and that really slowed him down. He wasn't the same player after that.

Vickers had a heck of a rookie year too!! I think he won Rookie of the year that season, or at least was runner up.

He had Multiple Sclerosis for over 30 years which he succumbed to.