• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Artemi Panarin to 7-Year/$81.5 Deal; $11.642M AAV

11.6 is fair for market. He’s one of the most talented and productive offensive players in the league. And supposedly he left money on the table. Obviously the back end of the deal, mostly the last 2 seasons of it, are a concern. But the first 4, and probably 5 seasons of the deal, should be excellent. I’d be disappointed if they didn’t get 400 really excellent NHL regular season games wherein he’s a top offensive producer.

The guy is elite. He was going to get paid like it by someone.

• Like 1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11.6 is fair for market. He’s one of the most talented and productive offensive players in the league. And supposedly he left money on the table. Obviously the back end of the deal, mostly the last 2 seasons of it, are a concern. But the first 4, and probably 5 seasons of the deal, should be excellent. I’d be disappointed if they didn’t get 400 really excellent NHL regular season games wherein he’s a top offensive producer.

The guy is elite. He was going to get paid like it by someone.

I think you worry about those last 2-3 years when it comes. You still signed one of the better offensive players in the league, and most of those years he will be in his prime.

Gotta hand it to Gorton.

In a few short weeks he added an elite prospect and potential franchise player in Kakko, the best available defenseman in Trouba, signed on the league best offensive players in Panarin, got Kravtsov and Shestyorkin under contract, and also added Adam Fox

He?s been aggressive and effective.

Good time to be a Rangers fan.

as much as I'd like to be able to keep Kreider, given the cap situation now I don't think it's possible

Agreed. They will probably need his current $5m just to be under the cap. Never know tho. Maybe Kreider really wants to stay and takes a Zuc 5/$30m to get it done.

Gotta hand it to Gorton.

In a few short weeks he added an elite prospect and potential franchise player in Kakko, the best available defenseman in Trouba, signed on the league best offensive players in Panarin, got Kravtsov and Shestyorkin under contract, and also added Adam Fox

He?s been aggressive and effective.

Good time to be a Rangers fan.

To be fair, Kakko fell in his lap

Would prefer Kreider and $5m of space over Panarin. Rebuild on roids. The scoresheet on signings like this reads Fluery, Holik, Gomez, Richards, Redden and Drury on one side and Gaborik on the other. I wonder if the "money on the table" was not Islanders or FLA offers but the last minute Columbus one.

Would prefer Kreider and $5m of space over Panarin. Rebuild on roids. The scoresheet on signings like this reads Fluery, Holik, Gomez, Richards, Redden and Drury on one side and Gaborik on the other. I wonder if the "money on the table" was not Islanders or FLA offers but the last minute Columbus one.

Yeah the money "left on the table" doesn't seem too significant, we are still paying him 11.6 mil per season which IMO is still insane.