• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Artemi Panarin to 7-Year/$81.5 Deal; $11.642M AAV

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of a bunch of bad contracts. My bet is that Panarin at 35 looks a lot better than those 4 currently do.

Agreed Philly!

I do trust Gorton though and definitely JD had a hand in this no doubt! I'm all in! Fuck it! =)

I don't think it's all negativity, three one...I think it's the fact that we NEVER get a guy in his prime. Even Messier came over towards the latter part of his career.

I'd term it "Tentatively optimistic" :rofl:

Not me, I am definitly a glass-half-empty guy. Any move will only be seen positive after it worked out in our favor. I'll always hope for the best of course. :D

It's amazing how we've been talking about this move all year and then suddenly, when it happens, all the negativity comes out.

What the fuck are we even talking about? Panarin is instantly the best Ranger since Jagr. In his prime. On a team with brightest future we've ever seen.

He was not overpaid. His contract is not an albatross. He took less money to play here. I mean jesus... what more do you want?

Rangers are 2 years into a rebuild and they're back in playoff contention. Everything that's happened this summer is incredible.

Not being negative ,just a little scared ,all because of the cap hit ,I have nothing against Paranin ,I always rooted for him , got him in my keeper league

watch this video of all of his goals from last regular season

one thing you have to notice, is that almost all of his goals are important goals. He doesn't rack up goals when the game is out of reach.

By my count, of his 28 goals, 22 of them were goals I'd say were important (OT Winners, Game Tying Goals, Taking the Lead, Cutting a deficit from 2 to 1). I didn't count goals that put Columbus up by 3 but you can say those are important too

Flip Kreider for a 2nd line center and he's a lock for that award.

I'm not sure about this. What about Strome and Chytil? I assume Anderson and Howden are both 3rd and 4th liners but I feel like they have 2nd line center covered. Strome can be a stop gap while Chytil grows into it.

It's amazing how we've been talking about this move all year and then suddenly, when it happens, all the negativity comes out.

What the fuck are we even talking about? Panarin is instantly the best Ranger since Jagr. In his prime. On a team with brightest future we've ever seen.

He was not overpaid. His contract is not an albatross. He took less money to play here. I mean jesus... what more do you want?

Rangers are 2 years into a rebuild and they're back in playoff contention. Everything that's happened this summer is incredible.

I'd say Gabby more than Jagr, ie probably not getting 125 points anymore, but otherwise agree.

And the skill upgrades on back end will push people to the correct slots.

There will be mistakes and high scoring games. Adding a guy like Panarin ensures you can pretty much keep any game close. A huge morale boost to be able to erase rookie mistakes.

I'm not sure about this. What about Strome and Chytil? I assume Anderson and Howden are both 3rd and 4th liners but I feel like they have 2nd line center covered. Strome can be a stop gap while Chytil grows into it.

Don't want Strome in the Top 6 with Panarin officially here. If the deal was there, I'd prefer...

Chytil - Zibanejad - Kakko

Panarin - Nylander - Kravtsov

...over keeping Kreider. Especially if Kreider is looking for a deal like Lee just signed.

Don't want Strome in the Top 6 with Panarin officially here. If the deal was there, I'd prefer...

...over keeping Kreider. Especially if Kreider is looking for a deal like Lee just signed.

if so, Kreider should be shot

Gotta give it to Chytil/Strome.

If neither shows they can handle it, and same with Andersson/Howden, it's a target to get next off season.

At this point, the Rangers have far too many guys that may be able to grow into that role, especially with the influx of skilled wingers, to trade away assets to fill an [imaginary] hole. They're still rebuilding, after all.

• Like 1

Only problem is that is charmin soft except for maybe Kakko.

Gotta give it to Chytil/Strome.

If neither shows they can handle it, and same with Andersson/Howden, it's a target to get next off season.

At this point, the Rangers have far too many guys that may be able to grow into that role, especially with the influx of skilled wingers, to trade away assets to fill an [imaginary] hole. They're still rebuilding, after all.

Haven't you talked about more Brassard for Zibanejad type deals? That's exactly what Kreider for Nylander would equate to.

how much does Nylander make a year

I had a good feeling about this all along and I'm very happy it's happened! Love this addition for all the reasons I've listed too ozzy and Francesca over the last month. Let's f'n get this season started!!!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah, I think it's a big overpay for what you're getting, I'd say by about 2 million, and it's going to affect our short term depth, but whatever, he's here now, let's make some noise.

Agree. I obviously think this was a bad idea. But it?s done so hopefully I look like an idiot and the rangers win another cup in my lifetime.

Nylander is a winger.

:cheers: