Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Measuring Success for an Artemi Panarin-less New York Rangers

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Ducene averages 61 points per year, Panarin 81. But yeah, totally the same.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    I said a step under but reading is hard

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Want to see where the Rangers may be heading in 2-3 years? Look at Winnipeg and Toronto. Just when they reach the point of becoming contenders, they have to start shedding good players with little or no return. We're more destined to be in that position if we sign Panarin. Let him enjoy the glamour of traffic on the Interborough Parkway.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    12m puts him very close. But split hairs cap hit is basically the same
    Well, no. It's just part of the larger problem, which is your statement was mostly hyperbolic.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    I said a step under but reading is hard
    Nice insult for the one who constantly cries about insults.

20 points per year is a pretty big step. Duchene will also surpass 1000 games played half way through his 7 year deal. How many player maintain their productivity past 1000 games?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Want to see where the Rangers may be heading in 2-3 years? Look at Winnipeg and Toronto. Just when they reach the point of becoming contenders, they have to start shedding good players with little or no return. We're more destined to be in that position if we sign Panarin. Let him enjoy the glamour of traffic on the Interborough Parkway.
    Two of the best teams in the league? Some problem to have.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Two of the best teams in the league? Some problem to have.
    Looks like we have a portion of the fan base that would prefer to be in the running of the CapSpace Cup every year.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Both teams went out and got an expensive guy to help the kids grow.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

And if he signs some ridiculous deal to play for the less watch how quickly this board goes from a handful saying to stay away from this deal to an army.
    I think the majority will think, “oh ok, just don’t give out shit contracts to anyone else.”’

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I think the majority will think, “oh ok, just don’t give out shit contracts to anyone else.”’
    We will see. My bet is that most will say they are glad the rangers didn’t give him what he got from the isles. They will be fine if the rangers sign him at $11.5-12m but if the isles give him 12-12.5 that will way way to much. All of a sudden the ones who could careless about the cap will come up with the argument that the extra 500k in cap hit will be way to much. You watch. It will be as dishonest as the whole argument about the need to rebuild was. In January I was a lunatic in February I was stating the obvious.

Senior Member Junior Division
    This team will suck pretty bad without Panarin. Adding one D man and 2 rookie wingers doesn't make this team all that much better than last season. A tiny bit yeah, and of course they add hope, but they lack a legit scorer. I think having that really takes pressure off of the kids.

If they don't sign him, it's not a good thing at all.

Yeah, so? They can say that.

Even those of us that want Panarin are cognizant of the cap hit. And that has been stated.

We will see. My bet is that most will say they are glad the rangers didn’t give him what he got from the isles. They will be fine if the rangers sign him at $11.5-12m but if the isles give him 12-12.5 that will way way to much. All of a sudden the ones who could careless about the cap will come up with the argument that the extra 500k in cap hit will be way to much. You watch. It will be as dishonest as the whole argument about the need to rebuild was. In January I was a lunatic in February I was stating the obvious.
    Rebuild in February? A team worse than the rangers in February won the cup. That doesn’t make you smart. lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    This team will suck pretty bad without Panarin. Adding one D man and 2 rookie wingers doesn't make this team all that much better than last season. A tiny bit yeah, and of course they add hope, but they lack a legit scorer. I think having that really takes pressure off of the kids.

Probably worse without Zuc, Hayes, and maybe Kreider. But it would be a lot of fun to see the young guys develop.

Playoffs this year is a long shot even with Panarin.

Rebuild in February? A team worse than the rangers in February won the cup. That doesn’t make you smart. lol
    Made me right though didn’t it. You argued against the rebuild. A letter appeared and you flipped. My opinion then was as popular as it is about panarin now. Once the rangers made the decision to rebuild all of a sudden everyone seemed to forget how stupid my argument was because they were all in. Same will happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post

No matter what they do winning next year is not the priority to this team. Development is the only thing that matters. Yes adding panarin would help. But not at 7 years $12m.

Made me right though didn’t it. You argued against the rebuild. A letter appeared and you flipped. My opinion then was as popular as it is about panarin now. Once the rangers made the decision to rebuild all of a sudden everyone seemed to forget how stupid my argument was because they were all in. Same will happen here.
    Flip? I didn’t flip on shit, you flipper

Flip? I didn’t flip on shit, you flipper
    So you wanted to rebuild all along?

I still don’t want a rebuild, troll.
    Hence Panarin. Duh.

I really don't see anyone that thinks not getting Panarin would be a bad route to take. I think most here are good either way, with some having a preference for the Panarin route. You're the only poster I've seen here who is egotistical about your opinion on it.

I think he’s trying to take credit for the nhl draft lottery results...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast