Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Measuring Success for an Artemi Panarin-less New York Rangers

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Curveball today is the Knicks getting embarrassed by the Nets in free agency may cause Dolan to demand Gorton and Davidson overpay Panarin to make a splash. One thing NYR can do that the Panthers and Isles cannot is frontload their offer.

Personally even with Lamoriello and Trotz there at a loss why anyone would sign up for the mess the Isles are as a business proposition.

Not based on percentage of team cap.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Amid reports that Panarin is likely to sign on Monday with the New York Islanders, the Blue Jackets have put a massive offer on the table with agent Paul Theofanous, believed to be eight years and at least $96 million, an average annual value of $12 million per season.
    The deal could be as high as $100 million, or $12.5 million per season.
    The Blue Jackets are the only team that can offer Panarin an eight-year contract, but the window on that is closing quickly. It would have to be agreed upon and signed by midnight Sunday.
    https://theathletic.com/1056150/2019...rtemi-panarin/

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    This team will suck pretty bad without Panarin. Adding one D man and 2 rookie wingers doesn't make this team all that much better than last season. A tiny bit yeah, and of course they add hope, but they lack a legit scorer.
    Yeah, I'm not sure where the idea that the Rangers now looks like a playoff team has come from and I'm certainly not convinced Hayes and Zuccarello out, Kakko and Kravtsov in makes them better in the short term. I've said before people should pump the brakes a little bit on their expectations for Kakko and Kravtsov this season. I for one would be very surprised if their production offsets the loss of Hayes and Zuccarello in their first year. The same is true for Fox. Trouba is the only one you can reasonably expect to come in and go from day one.
    The moves made this offseason more or less ensures the Rangers will have a good team in the future, but it probably won't manifest itself in year 1. It'll be fun to watch though.

Senior Member Mite Division tphilly5's Avatar
    IMO, Panarin will be a Ranger by EOD. He turned down almost $100m from CBJ. It sounds like Florida is out. Rangers have already said they will only go so high. Islanders probably have only offer on table. We are at the stage where Panarin is trying to get the little extra from Rangers. The biggest domino should have fallen first and Panarin said he wanted to be a Ranger and already turned down huge money. It is not just about the cash.

Not wishful thinking since I am truly 50/50 regarding whether I think it is the right move.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    I'm honestly at the point with Panarin that if he's really going to get McDavid level money, I'd almost rather turn around, poach Aho, extend Kreider, and still have some left.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    I'm honestly at the point with Panarin that if he's really going to get McDavid level money, I'd almost rather turn around, poach Aho, extend Kreider, and still have some left.
    Cant see Carolina not matching.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Midget Division

Measuring Success for an Artemi Panarin-less New York Rangers

@Bugg - your concern about Dolan crossed my mind too...he is one whacky dude. His ego could push Rangers beyond reason.

Panarin aside, donít all teams risk taking a Ďwait and developí approach? By the time a nucleus of young guys gel, their contracts are due to be stepped-up. And the cycle of shedding players for Cap space begins anew.

Itís so difficult to piece together the right assortment if young guys, experienced (proven) talent and mentors in a locker room that has that all elusive chemistry thing. The winning formula is so damn hard to discover!

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Cant see Carolina not matching.
    Let's see what they do today. They're coming in very low on Aho, and I'm frankly fine with starting shit w/a divisional rival.

Fine aiming at Timo Meier or any of the other vulnerable RFAs; just....not really in love with the amount of cap we'd commit at 12M+ to Panarin. That's two players, one of whom (assuming we don't mind parting with a few picks) is of at least reasonably close caliber. Aho's the most attractive to me because he's done it more than once, and he's adjusted from SM-Liiga to NHL play.

The possibility of a Kakko-Aho-Kravtsov thing is....alluring to say the least.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member Midget Division
    can u poison pill an rfa offer sheet offering bonus cash in the front end?
    Acqua in bocca

Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    can u poison pill an rfa offer sheet offering bonus cash in the front end?
    Yeah, but that works on cashflow-weak teams. Carolina, San Jose, Toronto, Tampa - they don't qualify.

You could do something like 14/7/7/7/7 for Aho (5/49, so we're in 1/1/2/3 compensation territory), but the owner wouldn't blink. Dundon bought a football league and liquefied it on a dime.
    Hidden Content

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Gunnar Stahl's Avatar
    I just dont want to break the bank.

I don't always back check, but when I do, I follow it up with a nasty wrister from a tight angle. Stay filthy, my friends. Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123